7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about Allianz Global Investors AZIAX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for AZIAX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AZIAX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AZIAX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AZIAX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AZIAX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AZIAX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AZIAX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AZIAX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AZIAX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AZIAX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AZIAX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Allianz Funds Multi-Strategy Trust: AllianzGI Structured Return Fund; Class A Shares (AZIAX).
- What are AZIAX holdings?
- What is AZIAX performance? What are AZIAX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AZIAX have historically?
- What is AZIAX dividend yield?
- What is AZIAX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is AZIAX expense ratio?
- Does AZIAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AZIAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AZIAX beta? How would you assess AZIAX risk?
- What is AZIAX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AZIAX Finny Score? AZIAX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AZIAX? What are AZIAX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AZIAX? What are AZIAX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Allianz Funds Multi-Strategy Trust: AllianzGI Structured Return Fund; Class A Shares (AZIAX).
The Fund seeks to generate attractive risk-adjusted absolute returns through a complete market cycle. The fund seeks to achieve its investment objective by investing significantly in exchange-traded listed and FLEX US equity index options, while holding cash and cash equivalents as collateral for option investments.
2. What are AZIAX top holdings?
AZIAX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 4 holdings represent 0.72% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Option on CBOE Volatility Aug20||N/A||0.27%|
|S&P 500 Put Jun20||N/A||0.22%|
|Option on S&P 500 Jun20||N/A||0.12%|
|Option on S&P 500 Aug20||N/A||0.11%|
3. What is AZIAX performance? What are AZIAX historical returns?
AZIAX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -0.57%;
- 3-month return is 2.66%;
- 1-year return is -33.37%;
- 3-year return is -10.95%;
- 5-year return is -4.93%.
4. How many up and down years did AZIAX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AZIAX had 9 up years and 1 down year.
5. What is AZIAX dividend yield?
AZIAX yield is 0.89%.
6. What is AZIAX minimum initial investment amount?
AZIAX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is AZIAX expense ratio?
AZIAX expense ratio is 1.07%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does AZIAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AZIAX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. AZIAX front-end sales load is 5.5. AZIAX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is AZIAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.43%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.23%.
10. What is AZIAX beta? How would you assess AZIAX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.64;
- 5-year beta is 0.54.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 5 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
13. What are the pros of investing in AZIAX? What are AZIAX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy AZIAX.
14. What are the cons of investing in AZIAX? What are AZIAX negatives?
The following are AZIAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>AZIAX net assets</strong> are $26.00 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>AZIAX 3-year return</strong> is -10.95%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (ICE BofA US 3-Month Treasury Bill TR USD), 1.7%.
- <strong>AZIAX 5-year return</strong> is -4.93%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (ICE BofA US 3-Month Treasury Bill TR USD), 1.2%.
- <strong>AZIAX expense ratio</strong> is 1.07%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.5%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.