7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about Allianz Global Investors AZIRX mutual fund
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for AZIRX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AZIRX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AZIRX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AZIRX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AZIRX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AZIRX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AZIRX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AZIRX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AZIRX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AZIRX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AZIRX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Allianz Funds Multi-Strategy Trust: AllianzGI Structured Return Fund; Class R6 Shares (AZIRX).
- What are AZIRX holdings?
- What is AZIRX performance? What are AZIRX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AZIRX have historically?
- What is AZIRX dividend yield?
- What is AZIRX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is AZIRX expense ratio?
- Does AZIRX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AZIRX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AZIRX beta? How would you assess AZIRX risk?
- What is AZIRX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AZIRX Finny Score? AZIRX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AZIRX? What are AZIRX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AZIRX? What are AZIRX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Allianz Funds Multi-Strategy Trust: AllianzGI Structured Return Fund; Class R6 Shares (AZIRX).
The Fund seeks to generate attractive risk-adjusted absolute returns through a complete market cycle. The fund seeks to achieve its investment objective by investing significantly in exchange-traded listed and FLEX US equity index options, while holding cash and cash equivalents as collateral for option investments.
2. What are AZIRX top holdings?
AZIRX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 4 holdings represent 0.72% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Option on CBOE Volatility Aug20||N/A||0.27%|
|S&P 500 Put Jun20||N/A||0.22%|
|Option on S&P 500 Jun20||N/A||0.12%|
|Option on S&P 500 Aug20||N/A||0.11%|
3. What is AZIRX performance? What are AZIRX historical returns?
AZIRX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -0.10%;
- 3-month return is -1.74%;
- 1-year return is -32.73%;
- 3-year return is -10.57%;
- 5-year return is -4.25%.
4. How many up and down years did AZIRX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AZIRX had 9 up years and 1 down year. See Performances
5. What is AZIRX dividend yield?
AZIRX yield is 2.24%.
6. What is AZIRX minimum initial investment amount?
AZIRX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is AZIRX expense ratio?
AZIRX expense ratio is 0.76%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does AZIRX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AZIRX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. AZIRX front-end sales load is 0. AZIRX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is AZIRX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.95%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.51%.
10. What is AZIRX beta? How would you assess AZIRX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.64;
- 5-year beta is 0.54.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 20. Our quantitative analysis shows 1 reason to buy and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 20.
13. What are the pros of investing in AZIRX? What are AZIRX buy reasons?
The following are AZIRX strengths from our perspective:
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in AZIRX? What are AZIRX negatives?
The following are AZIRX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>AZIRX net assets</strong> are $64.50 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>AZIRX 3-year return</strong> is -10.57%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (ICE BofA US 3-Month Treasury Bill TR USD), 1.71%.
- <strong>AZIRX 5-year return</strong> is -4.25%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (ICE BofA US 3-Month Treasury Bill TR USD), 1.2%.
- <strong>AZIRX expense ratio</strong> is 0.76%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?