7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about Allianz Global Investors AZMIX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for AZMIX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "AZMIX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on AZMIX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "AZMIX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell AZMIX? Or perhaps you’re looking for AZMIX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this AZMIX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: AZMIX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: AZMIX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in AZMIX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to AZMIX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Allianz Funds Multi-Strategy Trust: AllianzGI NFJ Emerging Markets Value Fund; Institutional Class Shares (AZMIX).
- What are AZMIX holdings?
- What is AZMIX performance? What are AZMIX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did AZMIX have historically?
- What is AZMIX dividend yield?
- What is AZMIX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is AZMIX expense ratio?
- Does AZMIX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is AZMIX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is AZMIX beta? How would you assess AZMIX risk?
- What is AZMIX Sharpe ratio?
- What is AZMIX Finny Score? AZMIX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in AZMIX? What are AZMIX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in AZMIX? What are AZMIX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Allianz Funds Multi-Strategy Trust: AllianzGI NFJ Emerging Markets Value Fund; Institutional Class Shares (AZMIX).
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation. The Fund seeks invests at least 80% of its net assets in equity securities of companies that are domiciled in or tied economically to countries with emerging securities markets. The Fund uses a value investing style focusing on equity securities of companies.
2. What are AZMIX top holdings?
AZMIX has 141 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 28.73% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Alibaba Group Holding Ltd ADR||BABA||7.02%|
|Tencent Holdings Ltd||00700||6.27%|
|Samsung Electronics Co Ltd||005930.KS||4.71%|
|Alibaba Group Holding Ltd Ordinary Shares||09988||2.21%|
|Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd||2330.TW||1.78%|
|Reliance Industries Ltd||RELIANCE.B||1.76%|
|Samsung Electronics Co Ltd Participating Preferred||005935.KS||1.40%|
|Ping An Insurance (Group) Co. of China Ltd Class H||02318||1.31%|
|China Merchants Bank Co Ltd||600036||1.14%|
|Royal Gold Inc||RGLD||1.13%|
3. What is AZMIX performance? What are AZMIX historical returns?
AZMIX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -0.48%;
- 3-month return is 11.77%;
- 1-year return is 15.59%;
- 3-year return is 3.10%;
- 5-year return is 9.91%.
4. How many up and down years did AZMIX have historically?
In the last 10 years, AZMIX had 7 up years and 3 down years.
5. What is AZMIX dividend yield?
AZMIX yield is 2.96%.
6. What is AZMIX minimum initial investment amount?
AZMIX minimum initial investment amount is $25.00K.
7. What is AZMIX expense ratio?
AZMIX expense ratio is 0.89%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does AZMIX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
AZMIX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. AZMIX front-end sales load is 0. AZMIX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is AZMIX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.91%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.92%.
10. What is AZMIX beta? How would you assess AZMIX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.06;
- 5-year beta is 1.06.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 60. Our quantitative analysis shows 3 reasons to buy and 2 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 60.
13. What are the pros of investing in AZMIX? What are AZMIX buy reasons?
The following are AZMIX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>AZMIX 3-year return</strong> is 3.1%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 1.85%.
- <strong>AZMIX 5-year return</strong> is 9.91%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 8.49%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in AZMIX? What are AZMIX negatives?
The following are AZMIX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>AZMIX net assets</strong> are $96.90 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>AZMIX expense ratio</strong> is 0.89%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?