Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
10 important things you should know about American Century Investments BCITX mutual fund
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- 10-year return below the benchmark
Before we start: if you’re looking for BCITX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "BCITX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on BCITX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "BCITX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell BCITX? Or perhaps you’re looking for BCITX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this BCITX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: BCITX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: BCITX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in BCITX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to BCITX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Century California Tax-Free & Municipal Funds: California Intermediate-Term Tax-Free Bond Fund; Inv (BCITX).
- What are BCITX holdings?
- What is BCITX performance? What are BCITX historical returns?
- What is BCITX dividend yield?
- What is BCITX minimum initial investment amount?
- Does BCITX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is BCITX Finny Score? BCITX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in BCITX? What are BCITX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in BCITX? What are BCITX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Century California Tax-Free & Municipal Funds: California Intermediate-Term Tax-Free Bond Fund; Inv (BCITX).
The Fund seeks safety of principal and high current income that is exempt from federal and California income taxes. The Fund will invest at least 80% of its assets in debt securities that have interest payments exempt from federal and California income taxes. The Fund primarily buys investment-grade debt securities.
2. What are BCITX top holdings?
BCITX has 0 stock holdings and 973 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 7.73% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|CALIFORNIA HSG FIN AGY MUN CTFS 4%||N/A||1.18%|
|SAN BERNARDINO CALIF CMNTY COLLEGE DIST 6.38%||N/A||1.06%|
|BAY AREA TOLL AUTH CALIF TOLL BRDG REV 2.62%||N/A||0.82%|
|LOS ANGELES CALIF DEPT WTR & PWR WTRWKS REV 0.13%||N/A||0.75%|
|NORTHERN CALIF ENERGY AUTH COMMODITY SUPPLY REV 4%||N/A||0.74%|
|SAN JOAQUIN HILLS CALIF TRANSN CORRIDOR AGY TOLL RD REV 5%||N/A||0.68%|
|CALIFORNIA STATEWIDE CMNTYS DEV AUTH REV 5%||N/A||0.66%|
|GOLDEN ST TOB SECURITIZATION CORP CALIF TOB SETTLEMENT REV 3.5%||N/A||0.64%|
|SAN DIEGO CALIF PUB FACS FING AUTH SWR REV 5%||N/A||0.63%|
|CALIFORNIA ST UNIV REV 4%||N/A||0.57%|
3. What is BCITX performance? What are BCITX historical returns?
BCITX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -0.31%;
- 3-month return is 0.59%;
- 1-year return is 0.59%;
- 3-year return is 4.07%;
- 5-year return is 2.55%;
- 10-year return is 3.26%;
- 15-year return is 3.66%.
4. What is BCITX dividend yield?
BCITX yield is 2.09%.
5. What is BCITX minimum initial investment amount?
BCITX minimum initial investment amount is $5.00K.
6. Does BCITX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
BCITX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. BCITX front-end sales load is 0. BCITX back-end sales load is 0.
7. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 50. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 2 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 50.
8. What are the pros of investing in BCITX? What are BCITX buy reasons?
The following are BCITX strengths from our perspective:
- BCITX 5-year return is 2.55%, which is in line with the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Intermediate Term California AMT-Free Municipal Bond TR USD), 2.59%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
9. What are the cons of investing in BCITX? What are BCITX negatives?
The following are BCITX weaknesses from our perspective:
- BCITX net assets are $916.40 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- BCITX 10-year return is 3.26%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Intermediate Term California AMT-Free Municipal Bond TR USD), 3.87%.