7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about American Funds BFCCX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for BFCCX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "BFCCX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on BFCCX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "BFCCX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell BFCCX? Or perhaps you’re looking for BFCCX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this BFCCX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: BFCCX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: BFCCX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in BFCCX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to BFCCX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Corporate Bond Fund; Class C Shares (BFCCX).
- What are BFCCX holdings?
- What is BFCCX performance? What are BFCCX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did BFCCX have historically?
- What is BFCCX dividend yield?
- What is BFCCX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is BFCCX expense ratio?
- Does BFCCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is BFCCX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is BFCCX beta? How would you assess BFCCX risk?
- What is BFCCX Sharpe ratio?
- What is BFCCX Finny Score? BFCCX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in BFCCX? What are BFCCX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in BFCCX? What are BFCCX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Corporate Bond Fund; Class C Shares (BFCCX).
The Fund seeks to provide maximum total return consistent with capital preservation and prudent risk management. The Fund would invest at least 80% of its assets in corporate debt securities. The Fund will also normally invest all of its assets in debt securities with quality ratings of Baa3 or better or BBB- or better.
2. What are BFCCX top holdings?
BFCCX has 0 stock holdings and 805 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 11.65% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|United States Treasury Bonds 2.38%||N/A||2.79%|
|Bank of America Corporation 2.5%||N/A||1.31%|
|Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. 3.8%||N/A||1.26%|
|United States Treasury Notes 1.5%||N/A||1.10%|
|Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited 4.4%||N/A||1.07%|
|Credit Suisse Group AG 4.19%||N/A||0.98%|
|Becton, Dickinson and Company 3.7%||N/A||0.90%|
|Broadcom Corp 4.75%||N/A||0.75%|
|Wells Fargo & Company 5.01%||N/A||0.75%|
|Edison International 4.12%||N/A||0.74%|
3. What is BFCCX performance? What are BFCCX historical returns?
BFCCX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 0.07%;
- 3-month return is -1.53%;
- 1-year return is 11.14%;
- 3-year return is 6.48%;
- 5-year return is 5.64%.
4. How many up and down years did BFCCX have historically?
In the last 10 years, BFCCX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is BFCCX dividend yield?
BFCCX yield is 1.19%.
6. What is BFCCX minimum initial investment amount?
BFCCX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is BFCCX expense ratio?
BFCCX expense ratio is 1.55%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does BFCCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
BFCCX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. BFCCX front-end sales load is 0. BFCCX back-end sales load is 1.
9. What is BFCCX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.97%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.86%.
10. What is BFCCX beta? How would you assess BFCCX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.38;
- 5-year beta is 1.33.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 40. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 40.
13. What are the pros of investing in BFCCX? What are BFCCX buy reasons?
The following are BFCCX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>BFCCX 3-year return</strong> is 6.48%, which is in line with the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg Barclays US Corporate Bond TR USD), 6.55%.
- <strong>BFCCX 5-year return</strong> is 5.64%, which is in line with the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg Barclays US Corporate Bond TR USD), 5.81%.
14. What are the cons of investing in BFCCX? What are BFCCX negatives?
The following are BFCCX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>BFCCX net assets</strong> are $53.30 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>BFCCX expense ratio</strong> is 1.55%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.