7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about American Funds BFICX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for BFICX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "BFICX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on BFICX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "BFICX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell BFICX? Or perhaps you’re looking for BFICX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this BFICX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: BFICX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: BFICX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in BFICX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to BFICX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Inflation Linked Bond Fund; Class C Shares (BFICX).
- What are BFICX holdings?
- What is BFICX performance? What are BFICX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did BFICX have historically?
- What is BFICX dividend yield?
- What is BFICX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is BFICX expense ratio?
- Does BFICX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is BFICX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is BFICX beta? How would you assess BFICX risk?
- What is BFICX Sharpe ratio?
- What is BFICX Finny Score? BFICX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in BFICX? What are BFICX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in BFICX? What are BFICX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Inflation Linked Bond Fund; Class C Shares (BFICX).
The Fund seeks to provide inflation protection and income consistent with investment in inflation linked securities. The Fund, under normal circumstances, invests at least 80% of its net assets in inflation linked bonds issued by U.S. and non-U.S. governments, their agencies or instrumentalities, and corporations.
2. What are BFICX top holdings?
BFICX has 0 stock holdings and 79 bond holdings.
The top 7 holdings represent 28.35% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|United States Treasury Notes 0.12%||N/A||4.58%|
|United States Treasury Notes 0.5%||N/A||4.28%|
|United States Treasury Bonds 1%||N/A||4.25%|
|United States Treasury Notes 0.25%||N/A||3.96%|
|United States Treasury Bonds 2.38%||N/A||3.86%|
|United States Treasury Notes 0.62%||N/A||3.78%|
|United States Treasury Notes 0.38%||N/A||3.64%|
3. What is BFICX performance? What are BFICX historical returns?
BFICX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 0.09%;
- 3-month return is 2.72%;
- 1-year return is 12.32%;
- 3-year return is 5.33%;
- 5-year return is 3.99%.
4. How many up and down years did BFICX have historically?
In the last 10 years, BFICX had 7 up years and 3 down years.
5. What is BFICX dividend yield?
BFICX yield is 0.13%.
6. What is BFICX minimum initial investment amount?
BFICX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is BFICX expense ratio?
BFICX expense ratio is 1.46%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does BFICX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
BFICX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. BFICX front-end sales load is 0. BFICX back-end sales load is 1.
9. What is BFICX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.05%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.35%.
10. What is BFICX beta? How would you assess BFICX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.82;
- 5-year beta is 0.84.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 20. Our quantitative analysis shows 1 reason to buy and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 20.
13. What are the pros of investing in BFICX? What are BFICX buy reasons?
The following are BFICX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>BFICX 3-year return</strong> is 5.33%, which is in line with the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg Barclays US Treasury US TIPS TR USD), 5.63%.
14. What are the cons of investing in BFICX? What are BFICX negatives?
The following are BFICX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>BFICX net assets</strong> are $11.20 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>BFICX 5-year return</strong> is 3.99%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg Barclays US Treasury US TIPS TR USD), 4.59%.
- <strong>BFICX expense ratio</strong> is 1.46%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.