7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about American Funds BLPAX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for BLPAX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "BLPAX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on BLPAX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "BLPAX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell BLPAX? Or perhaps you’re looking for BLPAX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this BLPAX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: BLPAX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: BLPAX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in BLPAX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to BLPAX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Portfolio Series: American Funds Balanced Portfolio; Class A Shares (BLPAX).
- What are BLPAX holdings?
- What is BLPAX performance? What are BLPAX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did BLPAX have historically?
- What is BLPAX dividend yield?
- What is BLPAX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is BLPAX expense ratio?
- Does BLPAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is BLPAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is BLPAX beta? How would you assess BLPAX risk?
- What is BLPAX Sharpe ratio?
- What is BLPAX Finny Score? BLPAX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in BLPAX? What are BLPAX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in BLPAX? What are BLPAX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Portfolio Series: American Funds Balanced Portfolio; Class A Shares (BLPAX).
The Fund seeks to provide current income and long-term growth of capital and income. Through its investments in the underlying funds, the fund will maintain at least 45% of the value of its net assets in common stocks and other equity investments and at least 25% of its net assets in bonds and other debt securities.
2. What are BLPAX top holdings?
BLPAX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 6 holdings represent 100.02% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|American Funds American Balanced R6||RLBGX||25.40%|
|American Funds Global Balanced R6||RGBGX||25.29%|
|American Funds Bond Fund of Amer R6||RBFGX||16.56%|
|American Funds Capital World Gr&Inc R6||RWIGX||14.10%|
|American Funds New Perspective R6||RNPGX||9.54%|
|American Funds Washington Mutual R6||RWMGX||9.13%|
3. What is BLPAX performance? What are BLPAX historical returns?
BLPAX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -1.25%;
- 3-month return is 4.05%;
- 1-year return is 8.39%;
- 3-year return is 6.68%;
- 5-year return is 8.10%.
4. How many up and down years did BLPAX have historically?
In the last 10 years, BLPAX had 9 up years and 1 down year.
5. What is BLPAX dividend yield?
BLPAX yield is 1.89%.
6. What is BLPAX minimum initial investment amount?
BLPAX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is BLPAX expense ratio?
BLPAX expense ratio is 0.7%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does BLPAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
BLPAX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.27. BLPAX front-end sales load is 5.75. BLPAX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is BLPAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.07%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.02%.
10. What is BLPAX beta? How would you assess BLPAX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.00;
- 5-year beta is 1.01.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
13. What are the pros of investing in BLPAX? What are BLPAX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy BLPAX.
14. What are the cons of investing in BLPAX? What are BLPAX negatives?
The following are BLPAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>BLPAX 3-year return</strong> is 6.68%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 11.64%.
- <strong>BLPAX 5-year return</strong> is 8.1%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 13.04%.
- <strong>BLPAX expense ratio</strong> is 0.7%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.27%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.75%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.