Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
15 important things you should know about American Funds BLPCX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for BLPCX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "BLPCX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on BLPCX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "BLPCX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell BLPCX? Or perhaps you’re looking for BLPCX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this BLPCX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: BLPCX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: BLPCX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in BLPCX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to BLPCX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Portfolio Series: American Funds Balanced Portfolio; Class C Shares (BLPCX).
- What are BLPCX holdings?
- What is BLPCX performance? What are BLPCX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did BLPCX have historically?
- What is BLPCX dividend yield?
- What is BLPCX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is BLPCX expense ratio?
- Does BLPCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is BLPCX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is BLPCX beta? How would you assess BLPCX risk?
- What is BLPCX Sharpe ratio?
- What is BLPCX Finny Score? BLPCX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in BLPCX? What are BLPCX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in BLPCX? What are BLPCX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Portfolio Series: American Funds Balanced Portfolio; Class C Shares (BLPCX).
2. What are BLPCX top holdings?
BLPCX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 7 holdings represent 100.04% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|American Funds American Balanced R6||RLBGX||24.84%|
|American Funds Washington Mutual R6||RWMGX||15.08%|
|American Funds Bond Fund of Amer R6||RBFGX||14.83%|
|American Funds Global Balanced R6||RGBGX||14.78%|
|American Funds New Perspective R6||RNPGX||10.34%|
|American Funds Capital World Gr&Inc R6||RWIGX||10.19%|
|American Funds Income Fund of Amer R6||RIDGX||9.98%|
3. What is BLPCX performance? What are BLPCX historical returns?
BLPCX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 0.75%;
- 3-month return is 4.57%;
- 1-year return is 4.57%;
- 3-year return is 11.20%;
- 5-year return is 10.05%.
4. How many up and down years did BLPCX have historically?
In the last 10 years, BLPCX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is BLPCX dividend yield?
BLPCX yield is 0.97%.
6. What is BLPCX minimum initial investment amount?
BLPCX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is BLPCX expense ratio?
BLPCX expense ratio is 1.07%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does BLPCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
BLPCX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. BLPCX front-end sales load is 0. BLPCX back-end sales load is 1.
9. What is BLPCX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.52%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.75%.
10. What is BLPCX beta? How would you assess BLPCX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.00;
- 5-year beta is 1.00.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
13. What are the pros of investing in BLPCX? What are BLPCX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy BLPCX.
14. What are the cons of investing in BLPCX? What are BLPCX negatives?
The following are BLPCX weaknesses from our perspective:
- BLPCX 3-year return is 11.2%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 19.06%.
- BLPCX 5-year return is 10.05%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 17.9%.
- BLPCX expense ratio is 1.07%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.