7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about American Beacon BLYAX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- 10-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for BLYAX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "BLYAX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on BLYAX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "BLYAX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell BLYAX? Or perhaps you’re looking for BLYAX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this BLYAX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: BLYAX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: BLYAX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in BLYAX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to BLYAX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon Bridgeway Large Cap Growth Fund; Class A Shares (BLYAX).
- What are BLYAX holdings?
- What is BLYAX performance? What are BLYAX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did BLYAX have historically?
- What is BLYAX dividend yield?
- What is BLYAX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is BLYAX expense ratio?
- Does BLYAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is BLYAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is BLYAX beta? How would you assess BLYAX risk?
- What is BLYAX Sharpe ratio?
- What is BLYAX Finny Score? BLYAX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in BLYAX? What are BLYAX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in BLYAX? What are BLYAX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon Bridgeway Large Cap Growth Fund; Class A Shares (BLYAX).
The Fund seeks to provide long-term total return of capital, primarily through capital appreciation. The Fund invests in a diversified portfolio of large stocks that are listed on the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange, and NASDAQ.
2. What are BLYAX top holdings?
BLYAX has 74 stock holdings and 1 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 25.70% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|E-mini S&P 500 Futures June20||ESM0||3.16%|
|Micron Technology Inc||MU||2.71%|
|UnitedHealth Group Inc||UNH||2.49%|
|RingCentral Inc Class A||RNG||2.19%|
|Cadence Design Systems Inc||CDNS||2.02%|
|The Walt Disney Co||DIS||1.96%|
|Waste Management Inc||WM||1.84%|
3. What is BLYAX performance? What are BLYAX historical returns?
BLYAX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 1.53%;
- 3-month return is 13.66%;
- 1-year return is 26.19%;
- 3-year return is 16.16%;
- 5-year return is 14.26%;
- 10-year return is 15.41%.
4. How many up and down years did BLYAX have historically?
In the last 10 years, BLYAX had 8 up years and 2 down years. See Performances
5. What is BLYAX dividend yield?
BLYAX yield is 0%.
6. What is BLYAX minimum initial investment amount?
BLYAX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is BLYAX expense ratio?
BLYAX expense ratio is 1.21%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does BLYAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
BLYAX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. BLYAX front-end sales load is 5.75. BLYAX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is BLYAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 2.29%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 2.13%.
10. What is BLYAX beta? How would you assess BLYAX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.11;
- 5-year beta is 1.07;
- 10-year beta is 1.08.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 6 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
13. What are the pros of investing in BLYAX? What are BLYAX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy BLYAX.
14. What are the cons of investing in BLYAX? What are BLYAX negatives?
The following are BLYAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>BLYAX net assets</strong> are $2.00 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>BLYAX 3-year return</strong> is 16.16%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Growth TR USD), 22.47%.
- <strong>BLYAX 5-year return</strong> is 14.26%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Growth TR USD), 20.16%.
- <strong>BLYAX 10-year return</strong> is 15.41%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Growth TR USD), 17.91%.
- <strong>BLYAX expense ratio</strong> is 1.21%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.75%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.