7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about American Beacon BWLIX mutual fund
- 10-year return above the benchmark
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for BWLIX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "BWLIX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on BWLIX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "BWLIX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell BWLIX? Or perhaps you’re looking for BWLIX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this BWLIX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: BWLIX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: BWLIX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in BWLIX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to BWLIX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon Bridgeway Large Cap Value Fund; Investor Class Shares (BWLIX).
- What are BWLIX holdings?
- What is BWLIX performance? What are BWLIX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did BWLIX have historically?
- What is BWLIX dividend yield?
- What is BWLIX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is BWLIX expense ratio?
- Does BWLIX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is BWLIX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is BWLIX beta? How would you assess BWLIX risk?
- What is BWLIX Sharpe ratio?
- What is BWLIX Finny Score? BWLIX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in BWLIX? What are BWLIX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in BWLIX? What are BWLIX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon Bridgeway Large Cap Value Fund; Investor Class Shares (BWLIX).
The Fund seeks long-term total return of capital, primarily through capital appreciation and some income. The Fund invests in a diversified portfolio of large stocks. American Beacon Funds defines "large stocks" as those whose market capitalization falls with the range of the Russell 1000 Index at the time of investment.
2. What are BWLIX top holdings?
BWLIX has 98 stock holdings and 1 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 17.64% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|E-mini S&P 500 Futures June20||ESM0||2.67%|
|Procter & Gamble Co||PG||1.93%|
|Micron Technology Inc||MU||1.60%|
|Hormel Foods Corp||HRL||1.56%|
|Waste Management Inc||WM||1.50%|
|Bank of America Corp||BAC||1.40%|
|Norfolk Southern Corp||NSC||1.39%|
3. What is BWLIX performance? What are BWLIX historical returns?
BWLIX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -2.29%;
- 3-month return is 0.45%;
- 1-year return is -12.59%;
- 3-year return is -1.25%;
- 5-year return is 3.99%;
- 10-year return is 9.23%.
4. How many up and down years did BWLIX have historically?
In the last 10 years, BWLIX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is BWLIX dividend yield?
BWLIX yield is 1.5%.
6. What is BWLIX minimum initial investment amount?
BWLIX minimum initial investment amount is $3.00K.
7. What is BWLIX expense ratio?
BWLIX expense ratio is 1.05%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does BWLIX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
BWLIX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. BWLIX front-end sales load is 0. BWLIX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is BWLIX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.11%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.45%.
10. What is BWLIX beta? How would you assess BWLIX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.20;
- 5-year beta is 1.15;
- 10-year beta is 1.09.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 33. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 33.
13. What are the pros of investing in BWLIX? What are BWLIX buy reasons?
The following are BWLIX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>BWLIX 10-year return</strong> is 9.23%, which is in line with the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Value TR USD), 10.17%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in BWLIX? What are BWLIX negatives?
The following are BWLIX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>BWLIX net assets</strong> are $598.90 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>BWLIX 3-year return</strong> is -1.25%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Value TR USD), 3.35%.
- <strong>BWLIX 5-year return</strong> is 3.99%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Value TR USD), 7.63%.
- <strong>BWLIX expense ratio</strong> is 1.05%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?