7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about American Beacon BWLYX mutual fund
- 10-year return above the benchmark
- No sales load or distribution fees
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for BWLYX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "BWLYX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on BWLYX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "BWLYX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell BWLYX? Or perhaps you’re looking for BWLYX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this BWLYX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: BWLYX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: BWLYX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in BWLYX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to BWLYX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon Bridgeway Large Cap Value Fund; Class Y Shares (BWLYX).
- What are BWLYX holdings?
- What is BWLYX performance? What are BWLYX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did BWLYX have historically?
- What is BWLYX dividend yield?
- What is BWLYX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is BWLYX expense ratio?
- Does BWLYX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is BWLYX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is BWLYX beta? How would you assess BWLYX risk?
- What is BWLYX Sharpe ratio?
- What is BWLYX Finny Score? BWLYX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in BWLYX? What are BWLYX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in BWLYX? What are BWLYX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon Bridgeway Large Cap Value Fund; Class Y Shares (BWLYX).
The Fund seeks long-term total return of capital, primarily through capital appreciation and some income. The Fund invests in a diversified portfolio of large stocks. American Beacon Funds defines "large stocks" as those whose market capitalization falls with the range of the Russell 1000 Index at the time of investment.
2. What are BWLYX top holdings?
BWLYX has 98 stock holdings and 1 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 14.81% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|The Walt Disney Co||DIS||1.59%|
|Bank of America Corp||BAC||1.58%|
|Regions Financial Corp||RF||1.48%|
|Procter & Gamble Co||PG||1.41%|
|Western Digital Corp||WDC||1.40%|
|Micron Technology Inc||MU||1.39%|
3. What is BWLYX performance? What are BWLYX historical returns?
BWLYX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -2.29%;
- 3-month return is 0.50%;
- 1-year return is -12.34%;
- 3-year return is -0.99%;
- 5-year return is 4.27%;
- 10-year return is 9.47%.
4. How many up and down years did BWLYX have historically?
In the last 10 years, BWLYX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is BWLYX dividend yield?
BWLYX yield is 1.91%.
6. What is BWLYX minimum initial investment amount?
BWLYX minimum initial investment amount is $100.00K.
7. What is BWLYX expense ratio?
BWLYX expense ratio is 0.79%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does BWLYX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
BWLYX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. BWLYX front-end sales load is 0. BWLYX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is BWLYX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.26%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.55%.
10. What is BWLYX beta? How would you assess BWLYX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.20;
- 5-year beta is 1.15;
- 10-year beta is 1.09.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 40. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 40.
13. What are the pros of investing in BWLYX? What are BWLYX buy reasons?
The following are BWLYX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>BWLYX 10-year return</strong> is 9.47%, which is in line with the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Value TR USD), 10.17%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in BWLYX? What are BWLYX negatives?
The following are BWLYX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>BWLYX 3-year return</strong> is -0.99%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Value TR USD), 3.35%.
- <strong>BWLYX 5-year return</strong> is 4.27%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 1000 Value TR USD), 7.63%.
- <strong>BWLYX expense ratio</strong> is 0.79%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?