7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $15 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about Cambiar Funds CAMMX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for CAMMX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "CAMMX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on CAMMX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "CAMMX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell CAMMX? Or perhaps you’re looking for CAMMX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this CAMMX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: CAMMX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: CAMMX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in CAMMX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to CAMMX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Advisors' Inner Circle Fund: Cambiar SMID Fund; Investor Class Shares (CAMMX).
- What are CAMMX holdings?
- What is CAMMX performance? What are CAMMX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did CAMMX have historically?
- What is CAMMX dividend yield?
- What is CAMMX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is CAMMX expense ratio?
- Does CAMMX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is CAMMX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is CAMMX beta? How would you assess CAMMX risk?
- What is CAMMX Sharpe ratio?
- What is CAMMX Finny Score? CAMMX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in CAMMX? What are CAMMX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in CAMMX? What are CAMMX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Advisors' Inner Circle Fund: Cambiar SMID Fund; Investor Class Shares (CAMMX).
The Fund seeks capital appreciation. Under normal circumstances, the Fund invests at least 80% of its net assets in common stocks of small- to mid-sized companies. The Fund normally invests in 25 to 35 common stocks.
2. What are CAMMX top holdings?
CAMMX has 40 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 27.69% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Axis Capital Holdings Ltd||AXS||2.95%|
|Ulta Beauty Inc||ULTA||2.86%|
|Charles River Laboratories International Inc||CRL||2.84%|
|The Toro Co||TTC||2.83%|
|Lincoln Electric Holdings Inc||LECO||2.76%|
|Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc||BIO||2.66%|
|Fidelity National Financial Inc||FNF||2.66%|
3. What is CAMMX performance? What are CAMMX historical returns?
CAMMX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 6.29%;
- 3-month return is 12.31%;
- 1-year return is 3.85%;
- 3-year return is 10.59%;
- 5-year return is 9.46%.
4. How many up and down years did CAMMX have historically?
In the last 10 years, CAMMX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is CAMMX dividend yield?
CAMMX yield is 0.51%.
6. What is CAMMX minimum initial investment amount?
CAMMX minimum initial investment amount is $3.00K.
7. What is CAMMX expense ratio?
CAMMX expense ratio is 0.91%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does CAMMX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
CAMMX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. CAMMX front-end sales load is 0. CAMMX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is CAMMX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.13%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.03%.
10. What is CAMMX beta? How would you assess CAMMX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.10;
- 5-year beta is 1.12.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 60. Our quantitative analysis shows 3 reasons to buy and 2 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 60.
13. What are the pros of investing in CAMMX? What are CAMMX buy reasons?
The following are CAMMX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>CAMMX 3-year return</strong> is 10.59%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 2500 Value TR USD), -0.57%.
- <strong>CAMMX 5-year return</strong> is 9.46%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 2500 Value TR USD), 4.66%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in CAMMX? What are CAMMX negatives?
The following are CAMMX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>CAMMX net assets</strong> are $53.40 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>CAMMX expense ratio</strong> is 0.91%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?