Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
15 important things you should know about American Funds CANFX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for CANFX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "CANFX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on CANFX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "CANFX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell CANFX? Or perhaps you’re looking for CANFX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this CANFX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: CANFX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: CANFX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in CANFX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to CANFX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Strategic Bond Fund; Class 529-F-1 Shares (CANFX).
- What are CANFX holdings?
- What is CANFX performance? What are CANFX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did CANFX have historically?
- What is CANFX dividend yield?
- What is CANFX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is CANFX expense ratio?
- Does CANFX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is CANFX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is CANFX beta? How would you assess CANFX risk?
- What is CANFX Sharpe ratio?
- What is CANFX Finny Score? CANFX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in CANFX? What are CANFX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in CANFX? What are CANFX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Strategic Bond Fund; Class 529-F-1 Shares (CANFX).
The Fund seeks to provide maximum total return consistent with preservation of capital. The Fund will invest at least 80% of its assets in bonds and other debt securities, which may be represented by other investment instruments, including derivatives. The Fund invests in debt securities with a wide range of maturities.
2. What are CANFX top holdings?
CANFX has 0 stock holdings and 231 bond holdings.
The top 9 holdings represent 41.39% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|United States Treasury Notes 0.5%||N/A||13.79%|
|Federal National Mortgage Association 3%||N/A||8.85%|
|United States Treasury Notes 0.12%||N/A||7.61%|
|United States Treasury Notes 1.5%||N/A||4.54%|
|Italy (Republic Of) 0.1%||N/A||2.18%|
|United States Treasury Notes 1.75%||N/A||2.13%|
|Credit Suisse Group AG 4.19%||N/A||0.83%|
|JPMorgan Chase & Co. 2%||N/A||0.78%|
|Broadcom Corp 4.75%||N/A||0.68%|
3. What is CANFX performance? What are CANFX historical returns?
CANFX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -0.84%;
- 3-month return is 2.56%;
- 1-year return is 16.70%;
- 3-year return is 7.98%.
4. How many up and down years did CANFX have historically?
In the last 10 years, CANFX had 10 up years and 0 down years. See Performances
5. What is CANFX dividend yield?
CANFX yield is 1.19%.
6. What is CANFX minimum initial investment amount?
CANFX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is CANFX expense ratio?
CANFX expense ratio is 0.69%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does CANFX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
CANFX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. CANFX front-end sales load is 0. CANFX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is CANFX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.31%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.27%.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 50. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 2 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 50.
13. What are the pros of investing in CANFX? What are CANFX buy reasons?
The following are CANFX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>CANFX 3-year return</strong> is 7.98%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg Barclays US Aggregate Bond TR USD), 5.13%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in CANFX? What are CANFX negatives?
The following are CANFX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>CANFX net assets</strong> are $13.20 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>CANFX expense ratio</strong> is 0.69%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?