Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
10 important things you should know about American Funds CCATX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- 10-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for CCATX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "CCATX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on CCATX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "CCATX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell CCATX? Or perhaps you’re looking for CCATX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this CCATX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: CCATX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: CCATX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in CCATX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to CCATX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Target Date Retirement Series: American Funds 2010 Target Date Retirement Fund; Class C Shares (CCATX).
- What are CCATX holdings?
- What is CCATX performance? What are CCATX historical returns?
- What is CCATX dividend yield?
- What is CCATX minimum initial investment amount?
- Does CCATX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is CCATX Finny Score? CCATX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in CCATX? What are CCATX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in CCATX? What are CCATX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Target Date Retirement Series: American Funds 2010 Target Date Retirement Fund; Class C Shares (CCATX).
The Fund seeks to provide for investors that plan to retire in 2010. Depending on its proximity to its target date, the Fund will seek to achieve the following: growth, income and conservation of capital. Each Fund will attempt to achieve its investment objectives by investing in a mix of American Funds.
2. What are CCATX top holdings?
CCATX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 79.55% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|American Funds Interm Bd Fd of Amer R6||RBOGX||14.52%|
|American Funds Income Fund of Amer R6||RIDGX||12.44%|
|American Funds Capital Income Bldr R6||RIRGX||12.18%|
|American Funds Bond Fund of Amer R6||RBFGX||8.14%|
|American Funds Inflation Linked Bd R6||RILFX||6.56%|
|American Funds Mortgage R6||RMAGX||5.99%|
|American Funds ST Bd Fd of Amer R6||RMMGX||5.59%|
|American Funds American Mutual R6||RMFGX||4.85%|
|American Funds American High-Inc R6||RITGX||4.80%|
|American Funds Capital World Bond R6||RCWGX||4.48%|
3. What is CCATX performance? What are CCATX historical returns?
CCATX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -1.21%;
- 3-month return is 0.16%;
- 1-year return is 0.16%;
- 3-year return is 7.41%;
- 5-year return is 6.22%;
- 10-year return is 6.57%.
4. What is CCATX dividend yield?
CCATX yield is 1.61%.
5. What is CCATX minimum initial investment amount?
CCATX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
6. Does CCATX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
CCATX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. CCATX front-end sales load is 0. CCATX back-end sales load is 1.
7. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 6 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
8. What are the pros of investing in CCATX? What are CCATX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy CCATX.
9. What are the cons of investing in CCATX? What are CCATX negatives?
The following are CCATX weaknesses from our perspective:
- CCATX net assets are $31.00 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- CCATX 3-year return is 7.41%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Target Date Through 2010 TR), 8.47%.
- CCATX 5-year return is 6.22%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Target Date Through 2010 TR), 7.38%.
- CCATX 10-year return is 6.57%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Target Date Through 2010 TR), 7.41%.
- CCATX expense ratio is 1.09%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.