7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about American Funds CCBTX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- 10-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for CCBTX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "CCBTX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on CCBTX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "CCBTX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell CCBTX? Or perhaps you’re looking for CCBTX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this CCBTX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: CCBTX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: CCBTX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in CCBTX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to CCBTX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Target Date Retirement Series: American Funds 2015 Target Date Retirement Fund; Class C Shares (CCBTX).
- What are CCBTX holdings?
- What is CCBTX performance? What are CCBTX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did CCBTX have historically?
- What is CCBTX dividend yield?
- What is CCBTX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is CCBTX expense ratio?
- Does CCBTX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is CCBTX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is CCBTX beta? How would you assess CCBTX risk?
- What is CCBTX Sharpe ratio?
- What is CCBTX Finny Score? CCBTX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in CCBTX? What are CCBTX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in CCBTX? What are CCBTX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Target Date Retirement Series: American Funds 2015 Target Date Retirement Fund; Class C Shares (CCBTX).
The Fund seeks to provide for investors that plan to retire in 2015. Depending on its proximity to its target date, the Fund will seek to achieve the following: growth, income and conservation of capital. Each Fund will attempt to achieve its investment objectives by investing in a mix of American Funds.
2. What are CCBTX top holdings?
CCBTX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 75.10% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|American Funds Capital Income Bldr R6||RIRGX||12.04%|
|American Funds Income Fund of Amer R6||RIDGX||12.04%|
|American Funds Interm Bd Fd of Amer R6||RBOGX||9.24%|
|American Funds Bond Fund of Amer R6||RBFGX||7.99%|
|American Funds Inflation Linked Bd R6||RILFX||6.87%|
|American Funds Mortgage R6||RMAGX||5.98%|
|American Funds American Mutual R6||RMFGX||5.97%|
|American Funds American High-Inc R6||RITGX||5.04%|
|American Funds Invmt Co of Amer R6||RICGX||4.98%|
|American Funds Washington Mutual R6||RWMGX||4.95%|
3. What is CCBTX performance? What are CCBTX historical returns?
CCBTX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -1.00%;
- 3-month return is 2.50%;
- 1-year return is 5.40%;
- 3-year return is 4.43%;
- 5-year return is 5.58%;
- 10-year return is 6.11%.
4. How many up and down years did CCBTX have historically?
In the last 10 years, CCBTX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is CCBTX dividend yield?
CCBTX yield is 1.33%.
6. What is CCBTX minimum initial investment amount?
CCBTX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is CCBTX expense ratio?
CCBTX expense ratio is 1.41%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does CCBTX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
CCBTX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. CCBTX front-end sales load is 0. CCBTX back-end sales load is 1.
9. What is CCBTX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.87%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.76%.
10. What is CCBTX beta? How would you assess CCBTX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.69;
- 5-year beta is 0.71;
- 10-year beta is 0.77.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 6 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
13. What are the pros of investing in CCBTX? What are CCBTX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy CCBTX.
14. What are the cons of investing in CCBTX? What are CCBTX negatives?
The following are CCBTX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>CCBTX net assets</strong> are $47.60 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>CCBTX 3-year return</strong> is 4.43%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Target Date Through 2015 TR), 6.11%.
- <strong>CCBTX 5-year return</strong> is 5.58%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Target Date Through 2015 TR), 7.03%.
- <strong>CCBTX 10-year return</strong> is 6.11%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Target Date Through 2015 TR), 7.45%.
- <strong>CCBTX expense ratio</strong> is 1.41%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.