7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $15 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about American Funds CCCTX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- 10-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for CCCTX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "CCCTX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on CCCTX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "CCCTX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell CCCTX? Or perhaps you’re looking for CCCTX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this CCCTX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: CCCTX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: CCCTX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in CCCTX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to CCCTX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Target Date Retirement Series: American Funds 2020 Target Date Retirement Fund; Class C Shares (CCCTX).
- What are CCCTX holdings?
- What is CCCTX performance? What are CCCTX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did CCCTX have historically?
- What is CCCTX dividend yield?
- What is CCCTX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is CCCTX expense ratio?
- Does CCCTX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is CCCTX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is CCCTX beta? How would you assess CCCTX risk?
- What is CCCTX Sharpe ratio?
- What is CCCTX Finny Score? CCCTX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in CCCTX? What are CCCTX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in CCCTX? What are CCCTX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Target Date Retirement Series: American Funds 2020 Target Date Retirement Fund; Class C Shares (CCCTX).
The Fund seeks to provide for investors that plan to retire in 2020. Depending on its proximity to its target date, the Fund will seek to achieve the following: growth, income and conservation of capital. Each Fund will attempt to achieve its investment objectives by investing in a mix of American Funds.
2. What are CCCTX top holdings?
CCCTX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 69.54% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|American Funds Capital Income Bldr R6||RIRGX||9.29%|
|American Funds Income Fund of Amer R6||RIDGX||9.29%|
|American Funds Interm Bd Fd of Amer R6||RBOGX||8.98%|
|American Funds Bond Fund of Amer R6||RBFGX||7.99%|
|American Funds Inflation Linked Bd R6||RILFX||6.98%|
|American Funds American Mutual R6||RMFGX||6.02%|
|American Funds Mortgage R6||RMAGX||5.98%|
|American Funds Invmt Co of Amer R6||RICGX||5.03%|
|American Funds Washington Mutual R6||RWMGX||5.00%|
|American Funds US Government Sec R6||RGVGX||4.98%|
3. What is CCCTX performance? What are CCCTX historical returns?
CCCTX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 0.97%;
- 3-month return is 2.20%;
- 1-year return is 8.40%;
- 3-year return is 5.68%;
- 5-year return is 6.33%;
- 10-year return is 6.70%.
4. How many up and down years did CCCTX have historically?
In the last 10 years, CCCTX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is CCCTX dividend yield?
CCCTX yield is 1.18%.
6. What is CCCTX minimum initial investment amount?
CCCTX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is CCCTX expense ratio?
CCCTX expense ratio is 1.41%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does CCCTX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
CCCTX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. CCCTX front-end sales load is 0. CCCTX back-end sales load is 1.
9. What is CCCTX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.85%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.72%.
10. What is CCCTX beta? How would you assess CCCTX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.74;
- 5-year beta is 0.76;
- 10-year beta is 0.86.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 6 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
13. What are the pros of investing in CCCTX? What are CCCTX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy CCCTX.
14. What are the cons of investing in CCCTX? What are CCCTX negatives?
The following are CCCTX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>CCCTX net assets</strong> are $147.00 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>CCCTX 3-year return</strong> is 5.68%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Target Date Through 2020 TR), 6.37%.
- <strong>CCCTX 5-year return</strong> is 6.33%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Target Date Through 2020 TR), 7.33%.
- <strong>CCCTX 10-year return</strong> is 6.7%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Target Date Through 2020 TR), 7.52%.
- <strong>CCCTX expense ratio</strong> is 1.41%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.