Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
14 important things you should know about American Funds CCDTX mutual fund
Before we start: if you’re looking for CCDTX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "CCDTX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on CCDTX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "CCDTX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell CCDTX? Or perhaps you’re looking for CCDTX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this CCDTX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: CCDTX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: CCDTX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in CCDTX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to CCDTX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Target Date Retirement Series: American Funds 2025 Target Date Retirement Fund; Class C Shares (CCDTX).
- What are CCDTX holdings?
- What is CCDTX performance? What are CCDTX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did CCDTX have historically?
- What is CCDTX dividend yield?
- What is CCDTX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is CCDTX expense ratio?
- Does CCDTX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is CCDTX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is CCDTX beta? How would you assess CCDTX risk?
- What is CCDTX Sharpe ratio?
- What is CCDTX Finny Score? CCDTX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in CCDTX? What are CCDTX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in CCDTX? What are CCDTX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Target Date Retirement Series: American Funds 2025 Target Date Retirement Fund; Class C Shares (CCDTX).
The Fund seeks to provide for investors that plan to retire in 2025. Depending on its proximity to its target date, the Fund will seek to achieve the following: growth, income and conservation of capital. Each Fund will attempt to achieve its investment objectives by investing in a mix of American Funds.
2. What are CCDTX top holdings?
CCDTX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 59.81% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|American Funds Interm Bd Fd of Amer R6||RBOGX||8.96%|
|American Funds American Mutual R6||RMFGX||6.04%|
|American Funds Invmt Co of Amer R6||RICGX||6.00%|
|American Funds Washington Mutual R6||RWMGX||5.97%|
|American Funds American Balanced R6||RLBGX||5.91%|
|American Funds US Government Sec R6||RGVGX||5.90%|
|American Funds Global Balanced R6||RGBGX||5.88%|
|American Funds Bond Fund of Amer R6||RBFGX||5.13%|
|American Funds Mortgage R6||RMAGX||5.02%|
|American Funds Inflation Linked Bd R6||RILFX||5.00%|
3. What is CCDTX performance? What are CCDTX historical returns?
CCDTX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 2.79%;
- 3-month return is -5.96%;
- 1-year return is 3.24%;
- 3-year return is 4.75%;
- 5-year return is 4.42%;
- 10-year return is 7.44%.
4. How many up and down years did CCDTX have historically?
In the last 10 years, CCDTX had 7 up years and 3 down years.
5. What is CCDTX dividend yield?
CCDTX yield is 0.84%.
6. What is CCDTX minimum initial investment amount?
CCDTX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is CCDTX expense ratio?
CCDTX expense ratio is 1.43%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does CCDTX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
CCDTX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. CCDTX front-end sales load is 0. CCDTX back-end sales load is 1.
9. What is CCDTX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.86%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.69%.
10. What is CCDTX beta? How would you assess CCDTX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.86;
- 5-year beta is 0.91;
- 10-year beta is 1.08.
12. What is CCDTX Finny Score? CCDTX buy or sell?
CCDTX Finny Score is 57. Our quantitative analysis shows 4 reasons to buy CCDTX and 3 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 57.
13. What are the pros of investing in CCDTX? What are CCDTX buy reasons?
The following are CCDTX strengths from our perspective:
- CCDTX 3-year return is 4.75%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Target Date Through 2025 TR), 4.33%.
- CCDTX 5-year return is 4.42%, which is in line with the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Target Date Through 2025 TR), 4.51%.
- CCDTX 10-year return is 7.44%, which is in line with the 10-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Target Date Through 2025 TR), 8%.
- CCDTX 3-year Beta is 0.86, which is inversely correlated with the index (Morningstar Mod Tgt Risk TR USD). The could be good if you're trying to hedge your portfolio.
14. What are the cons of investing in CCDTX? What are CCDTX negatives?
The following are CCDTX weaknesses from our perspective:
- CCDTX net assets are $202.60 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.
- CCDTX expense ratio is 1.43%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?