7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about American Funds CCFTX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- 10-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for CCFTX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "CCFTX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on CCFTX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "CCFTX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell CCFTX? Or perhaps you’re looking for CCFTX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this CCFTX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: CCFTX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: CCFTX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in CCFTX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to CCFTX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Target Date Retirement Series: American Funds 2035 Target Date Retirement Fund; Class C Shares (CCFTX).
- What are CCFTX holdings?
- What is CCFTX performance? What are CCFTX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did CCFTX have historically?
- What is CCFTX dividend yield?
- What is CCFTX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is CCFTX expense ratio?
- Does CCFTX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is CCFTX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is CCFTX beta? How would you assess CCFTX risk?
- What is CCFTX Sharpe ratio?
- What is CCFTX Finny Score? CCFTX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in CCFTX? What are CCFTX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in CCFTX? What are CCFTX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Target Date Retirement Series: American Funds 2035 Target Date Retirement Fund; Class C Shares (CCFTX).
The Fund seeks to provide for investors that plan to retire in 2035. Depending on its proximity to its target date, the Fund will seek to achieve the following: growth, income and conservation of capital. Each Fund will attempt to achieve its investment objectives by investing in a mix of American Funds.
2. What are CCFTX top holdings?
CCFTX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 65.78% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|American Funds Washington Mutual R6||RWMGX||8.01%|
|American Funds US Government Sec R6||RGVGX||7.87%|
|American Funds Invmt Co of Amer R6||RICGX||7.04%|
|American Funds New Perspective R6||RNPGX||6.92%|
|American Funds American Mutual R6||RMFGX||6.03%|
|American Funds Fundamental Invs R6||RFNGX||6.02%|
|American Funds Global Balanced R6||RGBGX||6.01%|
|American Funds American Balanced R6||RLBGX||6.00%|
|American Funds AMCAP R6||RAFGX||5.94%|
|American Funds Growth Fund of Amer R6||RGAGX||5.94%|
3. What is CCFTX performance? What are CCFTX historical returns?
CCFTX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -1.48%;
- 3-month return is 4.79%;
- 1-year return is 9.88%;
- 3-year return is 7.26%;
- 5-year return is 9.00%;
- 10-year return is 9.25%.
4. How many up and down years did CCFTX have historically?
In the last 10 years, CCFTX had 7 up years and 3 down years.
5. What is CCFTX dividend yield?
CCFTX yield is 0.46%.
6. What is CCFTX minimum initial investment amount?
CCFTX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is CCFTX expense ratio?
CCFTX expense ratio is 1.47%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does CCFTX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
CCFTX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. CCFTX front-end sales load is 0. CCFTX back-end sales load is 1.
9. What is CCFTX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.85%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.73%.
10. What is CCFTX beta? How would you assess CCFTX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.26;
- 5-year beta is 1.28;
- 10-year beta is 1.31.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 50. Our quantitative analysis shows 3 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 50.
13. What are the pros of investing in CCFTX? What are CCFTX buy reasons?
The following are CCFTX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>CCFTX 3-year return</strong> is 7.26%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Target Date Through 2035 TR), 6.69%.
- <strong>CCFTX 5-year return</strong> is 9%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Target Date Through 2035 TR), 8.81%.
- <strong>CCFTX 10-year return</strong> is 9.25%, which is in line with the 10-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Target Date Through 2035 TR), 9.38%.
14. What are the cons of investing in CCFTX? What are CCFTX negatives?
The following are CCFTX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>CCFTX net assets</strong> are $158.40 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>CCFTX expense ratio</strong> is 1.47%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.