7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about American Funds CCITX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- 10-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for CCITX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "CCITX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on CCITX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "CCITX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell CCITX? Or perhaps you’re looking for CCITX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this CCITX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: CCITX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: CCITX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in CCITX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to CCITX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Target Date Retirement Series: American Funds 2050 Target Date Retirement Fund; Class C Shares (CCITX).
- What are CCITX holdings?
- What is CCITX performance? What are CCITX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did CCITX have historically?
- What is CCITX dividend yield?
- What is CCITX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is CCITX expense ratio?
- Does CCITX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is CCITX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is CCITX beta? How would you assess CCITX risk?
- What is CCITX Sharpe ratio?
- What is CCITX Finny Score? CCITX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in CCITX? What are CCITX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in CCITX? What are CCITX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Target Date Retirement Series: American Funds 2050 Target Date Retirement Fund; Class C Shares (CCITX).
The Fund seeks to provide for investors that plan to retire in 2050. Depending on its proximity to its target date, the Fund will seek to achieve the following: growth, income and conservation of capital. Each Fund will attempt to achieve its investment objectives by investing in a mix of American Funds.
2. What are CCITX top holdings?
CCITX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 73.89% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|American Funds Invmt Co of Amer R6||RICGX||8.99%|
|American Funds Washington Mutual R6||RWMGX||8.94%|
|American Funds American Mutual R6||RMFGX||7.96%|
|American Funds Fundamental Invs R6||RFNGX||7.95%|
|American Funds AMCAP R6||RAFGX||7.03%|
|American Funds Growth Fund of Amer R6||RGAGX||7.03%|
|American Funds New Perspective R6||RNPGX||7.01%|
|American Funds SMALLCAP World R6||RLLGX||6.98%|
|American Funds Capital World Gr&Inc R6||RWIGX||6.96%|
|American Funds American Balanced R6||RLBGX||5.04%|
3. What is CCITX performance? What are CCITX historical returns?
CCITX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -1.68%;
- 3-month return is 5.34%;
- 1-year return is 10.52%;
- 3-year return is 7.75%;
- 5-year return is 9.54%;
- 10-year return is 9.45%.
4. How many up and down years did CCITX have historically?
In the last 10 years, CCITX had 7 up years and 3 down years.
5. What is CCITX dividend yield?
CCITX yield is 0.23%.
6. What is CCITX minimum initial investment amount?
CCITX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is CCITX expense ratio?
CCITX expense ratio is 1.49%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does CCITX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
CCITX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. CCITX front-end sales load is 0. CCITX back-end sales load is 1.
9. What is CCITX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.84%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.73%.
10. What is CCITX beta? How would you assess CCITX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.40;
- 5-year beta is 1.40;
- 10-year beta is 1.39.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 50. Our quantitative analysis shows 3 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 50.
13. What are the pros of investing in CCITX? What are CCITX buy reasons?
The following are CCITX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>CCITX 3-year return</strong> is 7.75%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Target Date Through 2050 TR), 6.9%.
- <strong>CCITX 5-year return</strong> is 9.54%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Target Date Through 2050 TR), 9.34%.
- <strong>CCITX 10-year return</strong> is 9.45%, which is in line with the 10-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Target Date Through 2050 TR), 9.8%.
14. What are the cons of investing in CCITX? What are CCITX negatives?
The following are CCITX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>CCITX net assets</strong> are $99.60 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>CCITX expense ratio</strong> is 1.49%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.