Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
15 important things you should know about American Funds CCJTX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for CCJTX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "CCJTX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on CCJTX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "CCJTX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell CCJTX? Or perhaps you’re looking for CCJTX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this CCJTX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: CCJTX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: CCJTX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in CCJTX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to CCJTX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Target Date Retirement Series: American Funds 2055 Target Date Retirement Fund; Class C Share (CCJTX).
- What are CCJTX holdings?
- What is CCJTX performance? What are CCJTX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did CCJTX have historically?
- What is CCJTX dividend yield?
- What is CCJTX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is CCJTX expense ratio?
- Does CCJTX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is CCJTX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is CCJTX beta? How would you assess CCJTX risk?
- What is CCJTX Sharpe ratio?
- What is CCJTX Finny Score? CCJTX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in CCJTX? What are CCJTX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in CCJTX? What are CCJTX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Target Date Retirement Series: American Funds 2055 Target Date Retirement Fund; Class C Share (CCJTX).
The Fund seeks growth, income and conservation of capital. The Fund will emphasize income and conservation of capital by investing a greater portion of assets in bond, equity-income and balanced funds as it approaches and passes its target date. In this way, the fund seeks to balance total return and stability over time.
2. What are CCJTX top holdings?
CCJTX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 74.20% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|American Funds Invmt Co of Amer R6||RICGX||9.00%|
|American Funds Washington Mutual R6||RWMGX||8.99%|
|American Funds Fundamental Invs R6||RFNGX||7.99%|
|American Funds American Mutual R6||RMFGX||7.98%|
|American Funds SMALLCAP World R6||RLLGX||7.18%|
|American Funds Growth Fund of Amer R6||RGAGX||7.04%|
|American Funds New Perspective R6||RNPGX||7.02%|
|American Funds Capital World Gr&Inc R6||RWIGX||6.99%|
|American Funds AMCAP R6||RAFGX||6.98%|
|American Funds US Government Sec R6||RGVGX||5.03%|
3. What is CCJTX performance? What are CCJTX historical returns?
CCJTX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 1.87%;
- 3-month return is 5.86%;
- 1-year return is 5.86%;
- 3-year return is 14.34%;
- 5-year return is 13.96%;
- 10-year return is 10.66%.
4. How many up and down years did CCJTX have historically?
In the last 10 years, CCJTX had 7 up years and 3 down years.
5. What is CCJTX dividend yield?
CCJTX yield is 0.02%.
6. What is CCJTX minimum initial investment amount?
CCJTX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is CCJTX expense ratio?
CCJTX expense ratio is 1.09%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does CCJTX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
CCJTX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. CCJTX front-end sales load is 0. CCJTX back-end sales load is 1.
9. What is CCJTX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.57%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.74%.
10. What is CCJTX beta? How would you assess CCJTX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.40;
- 5-year beta is 1.39;
- 10-year beta is 1.39.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 40. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 40.
13. What are the pros of investing in CCJTX? What are CCJTX buy reasons?
The following are CCJTX strengths from our perspective:
- CCJTX 3-year return is 14.34%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Target Date Through 2055 TR), 13.83%.
- CCJTX 5-year return is 13.96%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Target Date Through 2055 TR), 13.86%.
14. What are the cons of investing in CCJTX? What are CCJTX negatives?
The following are CCJTX weaknesses from our perspective:
- CCJTX net assets are $96.70 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- CCJTX expense ratio is 1.09%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.