7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $15/month, without ads. Start a trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about American Funds CCKTX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for CCKTX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "CCKTX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on CCKTX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "CCKTX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell CCKTX? Or perhaps you’re looking for CCKTX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this CCKTX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: CCKTX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: CCKTX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in CCKTX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to CCKTX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Target Date Retirement Series: American Funds 2060 Target Date Retirement Fund; Class C Shares (CCKTX).
- What are CCKTX holdings?
- What is CCKTX performance? What are CCKTX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did CCKTX have historically?
- What is CCKTX dividend yield?
- What is CCKTX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is CCKTX expense ratio?
- Does CCKTX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is CCKTX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is CCKTX beta? How would you assess CCKTX risk?
- What is CCKTX Sharpe ratio?
- What is CCKTX Finny Score? CCKTX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in CCKTX? What are CCKTX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in CCKTX? What are CCKTX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Target Date Retirement Series: American Funds 2060 Target Date Retirement Fund; Class C Shares (CCKTX).
The Fund seeks to provide for investors that plan to retire in 2060. Depending on its proximity to its target date, the Fund will seek to achieve the following: growth, income and conservation of capital. Each Fund will attempt to achieve its investment objectives by investing in a mix of American Funds.
2. What are CCKTX top holdings?
CCKTX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 74.14% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|American Funds Washington Mutual R6||RWMGX||9.00%|
|American Funds Invmt Co of Amer R6||RICGX||8.99%|
|American Funds American Mutual R6||RMFGX||8.00%|
|American Funds Fundamental Invs R6||RFNGX||7.99%|
|American Funds SMALLCAP World R6||RLLGX||7.09%|
|American Funds Growth Fund of Amer R6||RGAGX||7.04%|
|American Funds AMCAP R6||RAFGX||6.99%|
|American Funds Capital World Gr&Inc R6||RWIGX||6.99%|
|American Funds New Perspective R6||RNPGX||6.99%|
|American Funds US Government Sec R6||RGVGX||5.06%|
3. What is CCKTX performance? What are CCKTX historical returns?
CCKTX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 4.35%;
- 3-month return is 13.06%;
- 1-year return is 16.57%;
- 3-year return is 10.33%;
- 5-year return is 11.97%.
4. How many up and down years did CCKTX have historically?
In the last 10 years, CCKTX had 9 up years and 1 down year.
5. What is CCKTX dividend yield?
CCKTX yield is 0.15%.
6. What is CCKTX minimum initial investment amount?
CCKTX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is CCKTX expense ratio?
CCKTX expense ratio is 1.12%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does CCKTX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
CCKTX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. CCKTX front-end sales load is 0. CCKTX back-end sales load is 1.
9. What is CCKTX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.64%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.51%.
10. What is CCKTX beta? How would you assess CCKTX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.40;
- 5-year beta is 1.39.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 40. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 40.
13. What are the pros of investing in CCKTX? What are CCKTX buy reasons?
The following are CCKTX strengths from our perspective:
- CCKTX 3-year return is 10.33%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Target Date Through 2060+ TR USD), 9.18%.
- CCKTX 5-year return is 11.97%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Target Date Through 2060+ TR USD), 11.96%.
14. What are the cons of investing in CCKTX? What are CCKTX negatives?
The following are CCKTX weaknesses from our perspective:
- CCKTX net assets are $49.50 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- CCKTX expense ratio is 1.12%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.