7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about AMG Funds CESVX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for CESVX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "CESVX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on CESVX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "CESVX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell CESVX? Or perhaps you’re looking for CESVX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this CESVX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: CESVX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: CESVX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in CESVX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to CESVX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe AMG Funds: AMG Chicago Equity Partners Small Cap Value Fund; Class N Shares (CESVX).
- What are CESVX holdings?
- What is CESVX performance? What are CESVX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did CESVX have historically?
- What is CESVX dividend yield?
- What is CESVX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is CESVX expense ratio?
- Does CESVX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is CESVX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is CESVX beta? How would you assess CESVX risk?
- What is CESVX Sharpe ratio?
- What is CESVX Finny Score? CESVX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in CESVX? What are CESVX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in CESVX? What are CESVX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe AMG Funds: AMG Chicago Equity Partners Small Cap Value Fund; Class N Shares (CESVX).
The Fund seeks to achieve long-term capital appreciation. It invests at least 80% of its net assets in equity securities of small-capitalization companies. It currently defines small capitalization companies as those with a market capitalization within range of the companies represented in the Russell 2000 Index.
2. What are CESVX top holdings?
CESVX has 207 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 16.61% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|MGIC Investment Corp||MTG||2.00%|
|Cathay General Bancorp||CATY||1.87%|
|Hancock Holding Co||HBHC||1.77%|
|Bank of N.T Butterfield & Son Ltd||NTB||1.69%|
|Waddell & Reed Financial Inc A||WDR||1.65%|
|UMB Financial Corp||UMBF||1.60%|
|American Equity Investment Life Holding Co||AEL||1.57%|
|Vishay Intertechnology Inc||VSH||1.55%|
|Halyard Health Inc||HYH||1.46%|
|First Financial Bancorp||FFBC||1.45%|
3. What is CESVX performance? What are CESVX historical returns?
CESVX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 0.10%;
- 3-month return is -5.50%;
- 1-year return is 1.98%;
- 3-year return is 7.28%.
4. How many up and down years did CESVX have historically?
In the last 10 years, CESVX had 10 up years and 0 down years.
5. What is CESVX dividend yield?
CESVX yield is 0%.
6. What is CESVX minimum initial investment amount?
CESVX minimum initial investment amount is $3.00K.
7. What is CESVX expense ratio?
CESVX expense ratio is 1.34%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does CESVX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
CESVX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. CESVX front-end sales load is 0. CESVX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is CESVX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is %;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is %.
10. What is CESVX beta? How would you assess CESVX risk?
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is N/A. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell. Finny Scores are not available if there are insufficient data points from the analysis.
13. What are the pros of investing in CESVX? What are CESVX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy CESVX.
14. What are the cons of investing in CESVX? What are CESVX negatives?
The following are CESVX weaknesses from our perspective:
- CESVX net assets are $0.10 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- CESVX expense ratio is 1.34%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund.