7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about American Funds CGNFX mutual fund
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
Before we start: if you’re looking for CGNFX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "CGNFX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on CGNFX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "CGNFX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell CGNFX? Or perhaps you’re looking for CGNFX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this CGNFX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: CGNFX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: CGNFX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in CGNFX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to CGNFX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Portfolio Series: American Funds Growth & Income Portfolio; Class 529-F-1 Shares (CGNFX).
- What are CGNFX holdings?
- What is CGNFX performance? What are CGNFX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did CGNFX have historically?
- What is CGNFX dividend yield?
- What is CGNFX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is CGNFX expense ratio?
- Does CGNFX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is CGNFX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is CGNFX beta? How would you assess CGNFX risk?
- What is CGNFX Sharpe ratio?
- What is CGNFX Finny Score? CGNFX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in CGNFX? What are CGNFX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in CGNFX? What are CGNFX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Portfolio Series: American Funds Growth & Income Portfolio; Class 529-F-1 Shares (CGNFX).
The Fund seeks to provide long term growth of capital while providing current income. The Fund invests in a mix of American Funds in different combinations and weightings. The underlying American Funds will predominately consist of equity funds in the growth, growth and income, equity income and balanced categories.
2. What are CGNFX top holdings?
CGNFX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 6 holdings represent 100.03% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|American Funds Invmt Co of Amer R6||RICGX||24.26%|
|American Funds Capital World Gr&Inc R6||RWIGX||24.05%|
|American Funds Capital Income Bldr R6||RIRGX||15.20%|
|American Funds Growth Fund of Amer R6||RGAGX||15.16%|
|American Funds Bond Fund of Amer R6||RBFGX||10.96%|
|American Funds American Balanced R6||RLBGX||10.40%|
3. What is CGNFX performance? What are CGNFX historical returns?
CGNFX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 1.89%;
- 3-month return is 7.26%;
- 1-year return is 14.33%;
- 3-year return is 9.01%;
- 5-year return is 10.11%.
4. How many up and down years did CGNFX have historically?
In the last 10 years, CGNFX had 8 up years and 2 down years. See Performances
5. What is CGNFX dividend yield?
CGNFX yield is 2.17%.
6. What is CGNFX minimum initial investment amount?
CGNFX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is CGNFX expense ratio?
CGNFX expense ratio is 0.46%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does CGNFX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
CGNFX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. CGNFX front-end sales load is 0. CGNFX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is CGNFX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.68%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.56%.
10. What is CGNFX beta? How would you assess CGNFX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.22;
- 5-year beta is 1.23.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 25. Our quantitative analysis shows 1 reason to buy and 3 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 25.
13. What are the pros of investing in CGNFX? What are CGNFX buy reasons?
The following are CGNFX strengths from our perspective:
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in CGNFX? What are CGNFX negatives?
The following are CGNFX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>CGNFX net assets</strong> are $58.90 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>CGNFX 3-year return</strong> is 9.01%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 13.64%.
- <strong>CGNFX 5-year return</strong> is 10.11%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 14.57%.