7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $15 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about Alger CHUCX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- 10-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for CHUCX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "CHUCX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on CHUCX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "CHUCX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell CHUCX? Or perhaps you’re looking for CHUCX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this CHUCX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: CHUCX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: CHUCX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in CHUCX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to CHUCX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Alger Global Growth Fund; Class C Shares (CHUCX).
- What are CHUCX holdings?
- What is CHUCX performance? What are CHUCX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did CHUCX have historically?
- What is CHUCX dividend yield?
- What is CHUCX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is CHUCX expense ratio?
- Does CHUCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is CHUCX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is CHUCX beta? How would you assess CHUCX risk?
- What is CHUCX Sharpe ratio?
- What is CHUCX Finny Score? CHUCX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in CHUCX? What are CHUCX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in CHUCX? What are CHUCX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Alger Global Growth Fund; Class C Shares (CHUCX).
The Fund seeks capital appreciation by investing primarily in equity securities, or securities convertible into equity securities, that trade on the U.S. and Chinese securities markets and are economically tied to China or the United States.
2. What are CHUCX top holdings?
CHUCX has 39 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 35.91% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Applied Materials Inc||AMAT||3.50%|
|Tencent Holdings Ltd||00700||3.36%|
|LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE||MC.PA||2.76%|
|Sika AG Registered Shares||SIKA||2.75%|
|Eurofins Scientific SE||ERF.PA||2.71%|
3. What is CHUCX performance? What are CHUCX historical returns?
CHUCX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 3.66%;
- 3-month return is 9.78%;
- 1-year return is 36.09%;
- 3-year return is 9.80%;
- 5-year return is 9.65%;
- 10-year return is 6.26%.
4. How many up and down years did CHUCX have historically?
In the last 10 years, CHUCX had 7 up years and 3 down years.
5. What is CHUCX dividend yield?
CHUCX yield is 1.9%.
6. What is CHUCX minimum initial investment amount?
CHUCX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is CHUCX expense ratio?
CHUCX expense ratio is 2.25%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does CHUCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
CHUCX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. CHUCX front-end sales load is 0. CHUCX back-end sales load is 1.
9. What is CHUCX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.9%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.45%.
10. What is CHUCX beta? How would you assess CHUCX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.03;
- 5-year beta is 0.94;
- 10-year beta is 0.92.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 33. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 33.
13. What are the pros of investing in CHUCX? What are CHUCX buy reasons?
The following are CHUCX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>CHUCX 3-year return</strong> is 9.8%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 7.92%.
- <strong>CHUCX 5-year return</strong> is 9.65%, which is in line with the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 9.7%.
14. What are the cons of investing in CHUCX? What are CHUCX negatives?
The following are CHUCX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>CHUCX net assets</strong> are $1.90 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>CHUCX 10-year return</strong> is 6.26%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 8.3%.
- <strong>CHUCX expense ratio</strong> is 2.25%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.