7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about Alger CHUSX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- 15-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- 10-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for CHUSX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "CHUSX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on CHUSX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "CHUSX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell CHUSX? Or perhaps you’re looking for CHUSX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this CHUSX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: CHUSX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: CHUSX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in CHUSX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to CHUSX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Alger Global Growth Fund; Class A Shares (CHUSX).
- What are CHUSX holdings?
- What is CHUSX performance? What are CHUSX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did CHUSX have historically?
- What is CHUSX dividend yield?
- What is CHUSX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is CHUSX expense ratio?
- Does CHUSX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is CHUSX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is CHUSX beta? How would you assess CHUSX risk?
- What is CHUSX Sharpe ratio?
- What is CHUSX Finny Score? CHUSX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in CHUSX? What are CHUSX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in CHUSX? What are CHUSX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Alger Global Growth Fund; Class A Shares (CHUSX).
The Fund seeks capital appreciation by investing primarily in equity securities, or securities convertible into equity securities, that trade on the U.S. and Chinese securities markets and are economically tied to China or the United States.
2. What are CHUSX top holdings?
CHUSX has 39 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 34.47% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Tencent Holdings Ltd||00700||3.40%|
|Eurofins Scientific SE||ERF.PA||3.07%|
|LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE||MC.PA||2.97%|
|Kerry Group PLC Class A||KYGA.L||2.90%|
|Applied Materials Inc||AMAT||2.78%|
|Grifols SA ADR||GRFS.BC||2.77%|
3. What is CHUSX performance? What are CHUSX historical returns?
CHUSX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 2.92%;
- 3-month return is 8.05%;
- 1-year return is 31.94%;
- 3-year return is 9.24%;
- 5-year return is 9.17%;
- 10-year return is 6.67%;
- 15-year return is 8.65%.
4. How many up and down years did CHUSX have historically?
In the last 10 years, CHUSX had 7 up years and 3 down years.
5. What is CHUSX dividend yield?
CHUSX yield is 2.32%.
6. What is CHUSX minimum initial investment amount?
CHUSX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is CHUSX expense ratio?
CHUSX expense ratio is 1.5%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does CHUSX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
CHUSX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. CHUSX front-end sales load is 5.25. CHUSX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is CHUSX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.11%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.66%.
10. What is CHUSX beta? How would you assess CHUSX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.01;
- 5-year beta is 0.93;
- 10-year beta is 0.92.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 43. Our quantitative analysis shows 3 reasons to buy and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 43.
13. What are the pros of investing in CHUSX? What are CHUSX buy reasons?
The following are CHUSX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>CHUSX 3-year return</strong> is 9.24%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 7.12%.
- <strong>CHUSX 5-year return</strong> is 9.17%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 8.93%.
- <strong>CHUSX 15-year return</strong> is 8.65%, which is higher than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 6.82%.
14. What are the cons of investing in CHUSX? What are CHUSX negatives?
The following are CHUSX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>CHUSX net assets</strong> are $17.20 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>CHUSX 10-year return</strong> is 6.67%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 8.3%.
- <strong>CHUSX expense ratio</strong> is 1.5%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.25%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.