Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
10 important things you should know about Champlain Funds CIPMX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- 10-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for CIPMX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "CIPMX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on CIPMX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "CIPMX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell CIPMX? Or perhaps you’re looking for CIPMX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this CIPMX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: CIPMX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: CIPMX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in CIPMX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to CIPMX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Advisors' Inner Circle Fund II: Champlain Mid Cap Fund; Advisor Shares (CIPMX).
- What are CIPMX holdings?
- What is CIPMX performance? What are CIPMX historical returns?
- What is CIPMX dividend yield?
- What is CIPMX minimum initial investment amount?
- Does CIPMX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is CIPMX Finny Score? CIPMX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in CIPMX? What are CIPMX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in CIPMX? What are CIPMX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Advisors' Inner Circle Fund II: Champlain Mid Cap Fund; Advisor Shares (CIPMX).
The Fund seeks capital appreciation. The Fund seeks to invest under normal conditions, at least 80% of its net assets in securities of medium-sized companies, and to a lesser extent small and large sized companies, which have attractive long term fundamentals, superior appreciation potential and attractive valuations.
2. What are CIPMX top holdings?
CIPMX has 60 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 29.40% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Goldman Sachs FS Treasury Intms Instl||FTIXX||4.53%|
|Workday Inc Class A||WDAY||2.80%|
|Veeva Systems Inc Class A||VEEV||2.78%|
|Arthur J. Gallagher & Co||AJG||2.73%|
|Everest Re Group Ltd||RE||2.68%|
3. What is CIPMX performance? What are CIPMX historical returns?
CIPMX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -4.21%;
- 3-month return is 2.72%;
- 1-year return is 2.72%;
- 3-year return is 20.62%;
- 5-year return is 19.48%;
- 10-year return is 17.68%.
4. What is CIPMX dividend yield?
CIPMX yield is 0%.
5. What is CIPMX minimum initial investment amount?
CIPMX minimum initial investment amount is $10.00K.
6. Does CIPMX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
CIPMX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. CIPMX front-end sales load is 0. CIPMX back-end sales load is 0.
7. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 50. Our quantitative analysis shows 3 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 50.
8. What are the pros of investing in CIPMX? What are CIPMX buy reasons?
The following are CIPMX strengths from our perspective:
- CIPMX 3-year return is 20.62%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell Mid Cap TR USD), 15.84%.
- CIPMX 5-year return is 19.48%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell Mid Cap TR USD), 15.13%.
- CIPMX 10-year return is 17.68%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Russell Mid Cap TR USD), 15.5%.
9. What are the cons of investing in CIPMX? What are CIPMX negatives?
The following are CIPMX weaknesses from our perspective:
- CIPMX net assets are $341.70 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- CIPMX expense ratio is 1.11%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund.