7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about CTLAX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for CTLAX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "CTLAX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on CTLAX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "CTLAX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell CTLAX? Or perhaps you’re looking for CTLAX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this CTLAX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: CTLAX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: CTLAX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in CTLAX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to CTLAX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds College Target Date Series: American Funds College 2033 Fund; Class 529-A Shares (CTLAX).
- What are CTLAX holdings?
- What is CTLAX performance? What are CTLAX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did CTLAX have historically?
- What is CTLAX dividend yield?
- What is CTLAX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is CTLAX expense ratio?
- Does CTLAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is CTLAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is CTLAX beta? How would you assess CTLAX risk?
- What is CTLAX Sharpe ratio?
- What is CTLAX Finny Score? CTLAX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in CTLAX? What are CTLAX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in CTLAX? What are CTLAX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds College Target Date Series: American Funds College 2033 Fund; Class 529-A Shares (CTLAX).
The Fund seeks growth, income and preservation of capital, depending on the proximity to its target date. The Fund will invest in a variety of fund categories such as growth funds, growth-and-income funds, equity-income funds, balanced funds and bond funds. It categories represent differing investment objectives.
2. What are CTLAX top holdings?
CTLAX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 98.94% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|American Funds Invmt Co of Amer R6||RICGX||15.11%|
|American Funds US Government Sec R6||RGVGX||14.93%|
|American Funds Bond Fund of Amer R6||RBFGX||11.56%|
|American Funds Capital World Gr&Inc R6||RWIGX||11.18%|
|American Funds Growth Fund of Amer R6||RGAGX||10.07%|
|American Funds Global Balanced R6||RGBGX||10.02%|
|American Funds Intl Gr and Inc R6||RIGGX||9.99%|
|American Funds Washington Mutual R6||RWMGX||7.77%|
|American Funds Capital World Bond R6||RCWGX||4.93%|
|American Funds Fundamental Invs R6||RFNGX||3.38%|
3. What is CTLAX performance? What are CTLAX historical returns?
CTLAX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 1.35%;
- 3-month return is 6.08%;
- 1-year return is 13.09%;
- 3-year return is 8.01%;
- 5-year return is 9.48%.
4. How many up and down years did CTLAX have historically?
In the last 10 years, CTLAX had 9 up years and 1 down year. See Performances
5. What is CTLAX dividend yield?
CTLAX yield is 1.71%.
6. What is CTLAX minimum initial investment amount?
CTLAX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is CTLAX expense ratio?
CTLAX expense ratio is 0.8%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does CTLAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
CTLAX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. CTLAX front-end sales load is 4.25. CTLAX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is CTLAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.38%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.13%.
10. What is CTLAX beta? How would you assess CTLAX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.01;
- 5-year beta is 1.09.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
13. What are the pros of investing in CTLAX? What are CTLAX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy CTLAX.
14. What are the cons of investing in CTLAX? What are CTLAX negatives?
The following are CTLAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>CTLAX 3-year return</strong> is 8.01%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 13.64%.
- <strong>CTLAX 5-year return</strong> is 9.48%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 14.57%.
- <strong>CTLAX expense ratio</strong> is 0.8%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 4.25%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.