No bull case arguments.
Before we start: if you’re looking for CTLCX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "CTLCX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on CTLCX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "CTLCX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell CTLCX? Or perhaps you’re looking for CTLCX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this CTLCX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: CTLCX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: CTLCX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in CTLCX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to CTLCX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds College Target Date Series: American Funds College 2033 Fund; Class 529-C Shares (CTLCX).
- What are CTLCX holdings?
- What is CTLCX performance? What are CTLCX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did CTLCX have historically?
- What is CTLCX dividend yield?
- What is CTLCX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is CTLCX expense ratio?
- Does CTLCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is CTLCX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is CTLCX beta? How would you assess CTLCX risk?
- What is CTLCX Sharpe ratio?
- What is CTLCX Finny Score? CTLCX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in CTLCX? What are CTLCX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in CTLCX? What are CTLCX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds College Target Date Series: American Funds College 2033 Fund; Class 529-C Shares (CTLCX).
The Fund seeks growth, income and preservation of capital, depending on the proximity to its target date. The Fund will invest in a variety of fund categories such as growth funds, growth-and-income funds, equity-income funds, balanced funds and bond funds. It categories represent differing investment objectives.
2. What are CTLCX top holdings?
CTLCX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 98.94% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|American Funds Invmt Co of Amer R6||RICGX||15.11%|
|American Funds US Government Sec R6||RGVGX||14.93%|
|American Funds Bond Fund of Amer R6||RBFGX||11.56%|
|American Funds Capital World Gr&Inc R6||RWIGX||11.18%|
|American Funds Growth Fund of Amer R6||RGAGX||10.07%|
|American Funds Global Balanced R6||RGBGX||10.02%|
|American Funds Intl Gr and Inc R6||RIGGX||9.99%|
|American Funds Washington Mutual R6||RWMGX||7.77%|
|American Funds Capital World Bond R6||RCWGX||4.93%|
|American Funds Fundamental Invs R6||RFNGX||3.38%|
3. What is CTLCX performance? What are CTLCX historical returns?
CTLCX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 1.29%;
- 3-month return is 5.89%;
- 1-year return is 12.32%;
- 3-year return is 7.21%;
- 5-year return is 8.61%.
4. How many up and down years did CTLCX have historically?
In the last 10 years, CTLCX had 9 up years and 1 down year. See Performances
5. What is CTLCX dividend yield?
CTLCX yield is 1.06%.
6. What is CTLCX minimum initial investment amount?
CTLCX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is CTLCX expense ratio?
CTLCX expense ratio is 1.54%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does CTLCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
CTLCX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. CTLCX front-end sales load is 0. CTLCX back-end sales load is 1.
9. What is CTLCX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.14%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.85%.
10. What is CTLCX beta? How would you assess CTLCX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.02;
- 5-year beta is 1.09.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 5 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
13. What are the pros of investing in CTLCX? What are CTLCX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy CTLCX.
14. What are the cons of investing in CTLCX? What are CTLCX negatives?
The following are CTLCX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>CTLCX net assets</strong> are $101.80 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>CTLCX 3-year return</strong> is 7.21%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 13.64%.
- <strong>CTLCX 5-year return</strong> is 8.61%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 14.57%.
- <strong>CTLCX expense ratio</strong> is 1.54%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.