7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about CTOEX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for CTOEX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "CTOEX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on CTOEX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "CTOEX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell CTOEX? Or perhaps you’re looking for CTOEX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this CTOEX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: CTOEX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: CTOEX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in CTOEX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to CTOEX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds College Target Date Series: American Funds College 2021 Fund; Class 529-E Shares (CTOEX).
- What are CTOEX holdings?
- What is CTOEX performance? What are CTOEX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did CTOEX have historically?
- What is CTOEX dividend yield?
- What is CTOEX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is CTOEX expense ratio?
- Does CTOEX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is CTOEX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is CTOEX beta? How would you assess CTOEX risk?
- What is CTOEX Sharpe ratio?
- What is CTOEX Finny Score? CTOEX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in CTOEX? What are CTOEX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in CTOEX? What are CTOEX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds College Target Date Series: American Funds College 2021 Fund; Class 529-E Shares (CTOEX).
The Fund seeks growth, income and preservation of capital, depending on the proximity to its target date. The Fund will invest in a variety of fund categories such as growth funds, growth-and-income funds, equity-income funds, balanced funds and bond funds. The fund categories represent differing investment objectives.
2. What are CTOEX top holdings?
CTOEX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 6 holdings represent 100.05% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|American Funds Interm Bd Fd of Amer R6||RBOGX||35.05%|
|American Funds Mortgage R6||RMAGX||28.85%|
|American Funds ST Bd Fd of Amer R6||RMMGX||27.12%|
|American Funds Bond Fund of Amer R6||RBFGX||4.51%|
|American Funds American Mutual R6||RMFGX||2.26%|
|American Funds Income Fund of Amer R6||RIDGX||2.26%|
3. What is CTOEX performance? What are CTOEX historical returns?
CTOEX has generated the following returns:
- 3-month return is 1.04%;
- 1-year return is 5.12%;
- 3-year return is 3.43%;
- 5-year return is 3.77%.
4. How many up and down years did CTOEX have historically?
In the last 10 years, CTOEX had 8 up years and 2 down years. See Performances
5. What is CTOEX dividend yield?
CTOEX yield is 1.97%.
6. What is CTOEX minimum initial investment amount?
CTOEX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is CTOEX expense ratio?
CTOEX expense ratio is 0.92%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does CTOEX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
CTOEX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.5. CTOEX front-end sales load is 0. CTOEX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is CTOEX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.98%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.83%.
10. What is CTOEX beta? How would you assess CTOEX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.08;
- 5-year beta is 0.15.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 5 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
13. What are the pros of investing in CTOEX? What are CTOEX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy CTOEX.
14. What are the cons of investing in CTOEX? What are CTOEX negatives?
The following are CTOEX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>CTOEX net assets</strong> are $78.40 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>CTOEX 3-year return</strong> is 3.43%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 13.64%.
- <strong>CTOEX 5-year return</strong> is 3.77%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 14.57%.
- <strong>CTOEX expense ratio</strong> is 0.92%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.5%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund.