Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
15 important things you should know about CWS mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for CWS “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "CWS quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on CWS "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "CWS". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell CWS? Or perhaps you’re looking for CWS fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this CWS mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: CWS performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: CWS buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in CWS mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to CWS.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe AdvisorShares Focused Equity ETF (CWS).
- What are CWS holdings?
- What is CWS performance? What are CWS historical returns?
- How many up and down years did CWS have historically?
- What is CWS dividend yield?
- What is CWS minimum initial investment amount?
- What is CWS expense ratio?
- Does CWS have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is CWS tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is CWS beta? How would you assess CWS risk?
- What is CWS Sharpe ratio?
- What is CWS Finny Score? CWS buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in CWS? What are CWS buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in CWS? What are CWS sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe AdvisorShares Focused Equity ETF (CWS).
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation. The Fund will be investing in a group of U.S. exchange listed equity securities, including common and preferred stock and ADRs that represent interests in securities issued by a foreign publicly listed company. It invests at least 80% of its net assets in equity securities.
2. What are CWS top holdings?
CWS has 25 stock holdings and 1 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 47.19% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Trex Co Inc||TREX||5.94%|
|FactSet Research Systems Inc||FDS||5.10%|
|Church & Dwight Co Inc||CHD||4.58%|
|Hormel Foods Corp||HRL||4.45%|
|Silgan Holdings Inc||SLGN||4.34%|
|Broadridge Financial Solutions Inc||BR||4.29%|
3. What is CWS performance? What are CWS historical returns?
CWS has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -0.61%;
- 3-month return is 4.18%;
- 1-year return is 9.37%;
- 3-year return is 12.55%.
4. How many up and down years did CWS have historically?
In the last 10 years, CWS had 10 up years and 0 down years. See Performances
5. What is CWS dividend yield?
CWS yield is 0.38%.
6. What is CWS minimum initial investment amount?
CWS minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is CWS expense ratio?
CWS expense ratio is 0.85%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does CWS have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
CWS 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. CWS front-end sales load is 0. CWS back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is CWS tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.16%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.44%.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 50. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 2 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 50.
13. What are the pros of investing in CWS? What are CWS buy reasons?
The following are CWS strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>CWS 3-year return</strong> is 12.55%, which is in line with the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 13.64%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in CWS? What are CWS negatives?
The following are CWS weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>CWS net assets</strong> are $20.50 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>CWS expense ratio</strong> is 0.85%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?