Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
15 important things you should know about BNY Mellon DGDAX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for DGDAX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "DGDAX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on DGDAX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "DGDAX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell DGDAX? Or perhaps you’re looking for DGDAX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this DGDAX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: DGDAX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: DGDAX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in DGDAX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to DGDAX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Advantage Funds, Inc: Dreyfus Global Dynamic Bond Fund; Class A Shares (DGDAX).
- What are DGDAX holdings?
- What is DGDAX performance? What are DGDAX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did DGDAX have historically?
- What is DGDAX dividend yield?
- What is DGDAX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is DGDAX expense ratio?
- Does DGDAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is DGDAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is DGDAX beta? How would you assess DGDAX risk?
- What is DGDAX Sharpe ratio?
- What is DGDAX Finny Score? DGDAX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in DGDAX? What are DGDAX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in DGDAX? What are DGDAX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Advantage Funds, Inc: Dreyfus Global Dynamic Bond Fund; Class A Shares (DGDAX).
The Fund seeks total return. The Fund normally invests at least 80% of its assets in bonds and other instruments that provide investment exposure to global bond markets.
2. What are DGDAX top holdings?
DGDAX has 0 stock holdings and 186 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 25.64% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|iShares iBoxx $ High Yield Corp Bd ETF||HYG||3.33%|
|United States Treasury Bonds 2%||N/A||3.33%|
|iShares JP Morgan USD Em Mkts Bd ETF||EMB||3.20%|
|Norway (Kingdom Of) 1.75%||N/A||3.04%|
|Euro Bund Future Dec 20||FGBLZ0.DE||2.53%|
|Australia (Commonwealth of) 3%||N/A||2.23%|
|Long Gilt Future Dec 20||RF0.L||2.17%|
|SPDRÂ® Blmbg Barclays Em Mkts Lcl Bd ETF||EBND||2.11%|
|The Republic of Peru 6.95%||N/A||1.94%|
|Malaysia (Government Of) 3.83%||N/A||1.76%|
3. What is DGDAX performance? What are DGDAX historical returns?
DGDAX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 0.81%;
- 3-month return is 2.45%;
- 1-year return is 5.36%;
- 3-year return is 4.78%;
- 5-year return is 4.03%.
4. How many up and down years did DGDAX have historically?
In the last 10 years, DGDAX had 9 up years and 1 down year.
5. What is DGDAX dividend yield?
DGDAX yield is 3.61%.
6. What is DGDAX minimum initial investment amount?
DGDAX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is DGDAX expense ratio?
DGDAX expense ratio is 0.75%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does DGDAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
DGDAX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. DGDAX front-end sales load is 4.5. DGDAX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is DGDAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.49%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.44%.
10. What is DGDAX beta? How would you assess DGDAX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.68;
- 5-year beta is 0.58.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 40. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 40.
13. What are the pros of investing in DGDAX? What are DGDAX buy reasons?
The following are DGDAX strengths from our perspective:
- DGDAX 3-year return is 4.78%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (FTSE Treasury Bill 1 Month USD), 1.52%.
- DGDAX 5-year return is 4.03%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (FTSE Treasury Bill 1 Month USD), 1.09%.
14. What are the cons of investing in DGDAX? What are DGDAX negatives?
The following are DGDAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- DGDAX net assets are $4.90 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- DGDAX expense ratio is 0.75%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a front-end sales fee. The maximum front-end fee is 4.5%. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.