7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $15/month, without ads. Start a trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about DTEYX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- 10-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for DTEYX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "DTEYX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on DTEYX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "DTEYX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell DTEYX? Or perhaps you’re looking for DTEYX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this DTEYX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: DTEYX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: DTEYX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in DTEYX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to DTEYX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Advantage Funds, Inc: Dreyfus Technology Growth Fund; Class Y Shares (DTEYX).
- What are DTEYX holdings?
- What is DTEYX performance? What are DTEYX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did DTEYX have historically?
- What is DTEYX dividend yield?
- What is DTEYX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is DTEYX expense ratio?
- Does DTEYX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is DTEYX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is DTEYX beta? How would you assess DTEYX risk?
- What is DTEYX Sharpe ratio?
- What is DTEYX Finny Score? DTEYX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in DTEYX? What are DTEYX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in DTEYX? What are DTEYX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Advantage Funds, Inc: Dreyfus Technology Growth Fund; Class Y Shares (DTEYX).
The Fund seeks capital appreciation. The Fund looks for sectors in technology that are expected to outperform on a relative scale. The more attractive sectors are overweighed; those sectors with less appealing prospects are underweighted.
2. What are DTEYX top holdings?
DTEYX has 34 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 45.52% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Facebook Inc A||FB||4.83%|
|Micron Technology Inc||MU||4.61%|
|Shopify Inc A||SHOP.TO||4.61%|
|JD.com Inc ADR||JD||4.51%|
|Advanced Micro Devices Inc||AMD||4.40%|
3. What is DTEYX performance? What are DTEYX historical returns?
DTEYX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 5.01%;
- 3-month return is 27.74%;
- 1-year return is 58.83%;
- 3-year return is 26.06%;
- 5-year return is 24.43%;
- 10-year return is 17.98%.
4. How many up and down years did DTEYX have historically?
In the last 10 years, DTEYX had 8 up years and 2 down years. See Performances
5. What is DTEYX dividend yield?
DTEYX yield is 0%.
6. What is DTEYX minimum initial investment amount?
DTEYX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is DTEYX expense ratio?
DTEYX expense ratio is 0.89%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does DTEYX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
DTEYX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. DTEYX front-end sales load is 0. DTEYX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is DTEYX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 3.17%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 3.49%.
10. What is DTEYX beta? How would you assess DTEYX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.15;
- 5-year beta is 1.14;
- 10-year beta is 1.10.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 33. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 33.
13. What are the pros of investing in DTEYX? What are DTEYX buy reasons?
The following are DTEYX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>DTEYX 3-year return</strong> is 26.06%, which is in line with the 3-year return of the benchmark index (NYSE US Market Technology TR USD), 28.43%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in DTEYX? What are DTEYX negatives?
The following are DTEYX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>DTEYX net assets</strong> are $0.20 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>DTEYX 5-year return</strong> is 24.43%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (NYSE US Market Technology TR USD), 27.48%.
- <strong>DTEYX 10-year return</strong> is 17.98%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (NYSE US Market Technology TR USD), 20.58%.
- <strong>DTEYX expense ratio</strong> is 0.89%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?