Before we start: if you’re looking for DWGAX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "DWGAX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on DWGAX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "DWGAX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell DWGAX? Or perhaps you’re looking for DWGAX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this DWGAX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: DWGAX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: DWGAX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in DWGAX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to DWGAX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Developing World Growth and Income Fund; Class A Shares (DWGAX).
- What are DWGAX holdings?
- What is DWGAX performance? What are DWGAX historical returns?
- What is DWGAX dividend yield?
- What is DWGAX minimum initial investment amount?
- Does DWGAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is DWGAX Finny Score? DWGAX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in DWGAX? What are DWGAX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in DWGAX? What are DWGAX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Developing World Growth and Income Fund; Class A Shares (DWGAX).
The Fund seeks long-term growth of capital while providing current income. The Fund will invest at least 80% of its assets in securities of attractively-valued companies in developing markets with strong earnings that pay dividends. The Adviser expects the countries to be in any of the MSCI emerging markets indices.
2. What are DWGAX top holdings?
DWGAX has 95 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 28.65% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Tencent Holdings Ltd||00700||4.58%|
|BeiGene Ltd ADR||BGNE||3.67%|
|Ping An Insurance (Group) Co. of China Ltd Class H||02318||3.29%|
|Longfor Group Holdings Ltd||00960||3.26%|
|Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd||2330.TW||2.72%|
|China Resources Land Ltd||01109||2.49%|
|Alibaba Group Holding Ltd Ordinary Shares||09988||2.36%|
|China Overseas Land & Investment Ltd||00688||2.23%|
|Yandex NV Shs Class-A-||YNDX||2.04%|
|PT Bank Mandiri (Persero) Tbk||BMRI||2.01%|
3. What is DWGAX performance? What are DWGAX historical returns?
DWGAX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -4.49%;
- 3-month return is -2.30%;
- 1-year return is -2.30%;
- 3-year return is 10.96%;
- 5-year return is 8.76%.
4. What is DWGAX dividend yield?
DWGAX yield is 0.88%.
5. What is DWGAX minimum initial investment amount?
DWGAX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
6. Does DWGAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
DWGAX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.24. DWGAX front-end sales load is 5.75. DWGAX back-end sales load is 0.
7. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 25. Our quantitative analysis shows 1 reason to buy and 3 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 25.
8. What are the pros of investing in DWGAX? What are DWGAX buy reasons?
The following are DWGAX strengths from our perspective:
- DWGAX 3-year return is 10.96%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 10.27%.
9. What are the cons of investing in DWGAX? What are DWGAX negatives?
The following are DWGAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- DWGAX 5-year return is 8.76%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 9.89%.
- DWGAX expense ratio is 1.27%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.24%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.75%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.