Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
10 important things you should know about American Funds DWGCX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for DWGCX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "DWGCX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on DWGCX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "DWGCX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell DWGCX? Or perhaps you’re looking for DWGCX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this DWGCX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: DWGCX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: DWGCX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in DWGCX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to DWGCX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Developing World Growth and Income Fund; Class C Shares (DWGCX).
- What are DWGCX holdings?
- What is DWGCX performance? What are DWGCX historical returns?
- What is DWGCX dividend yield?
- What is DWGCX minimum initial investment amount?
- Does DWGCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is DWGCX Finny Score? DWGCX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in DWGCX? What are DWGCX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in DWGCX? What are DWGCX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Developing World Growth and Income Fund; Class C Shares (DWGCX).
The Fund seeks long-term growth of capital while providing current income. The Fund will invest at least 80% of its assets in securities of attractively-valued companies in developing markets with strong earnings that pay dividends. The Adviser expects the countries to be in any of the MSCI emerging markets indices.
2. What are DWGCX top holdings?
DWGCX has 95 stock holdings and 1 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 28.65% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Tencent Holdings Ltd||00700||4.58%|
|BeiGene Ltd ADR||BGNE||3.67%|
|Ping An Insurance (Group) Co. of China Ltd Class H||02318||3.29%|
|Longfor Group Holdings Ltd||00960||3.26%|
|Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd||2330.TW||2.72%|
|China Resources Land Ltd||01109||2.49%|
|Alibaba Group Holding Ltd Ordinary Shares||09988||2.36%|
|China Overseas Land & Investment Ltd||00688||2.23%|
|Yandex NV Shs Class-A-||YNDX||2.04%|
|PT Bank Mandiri (Persero) Tbk||BMRI||2.01%|
3. What is DWGCX performance? What are DWGCX historical returns?
DWGCX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 1.76%;
- 3-month return is -0.97%;
- 1-year return is -0.97%;
- 3-year return is 11.07%;
- 5-year return is 8.24%.
4. What is DWGCX dividend yield?
DWGCX yield is 0.3%.
5. What is DWGCX minimum initial investment amount?
DWGCX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
6. Does DWGCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
DWGCX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. DWGCX front-end sales load is 0. DWGCX back-end sales load is 1.
7. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 20. Our quantitative analysis shows 1 reason to buy and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 20.
8. What are the pros of investing in DWGCX? What are DWGCX buy reasons?
The following are DWGCX strengths from our perspective:
- DWGCX 3-year return is 11.07%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 10.38%.
9. What are the cons of investing in DWGCX? What are DWGCX negatives?
The following are DWGCX weaknesses from our perspective:
- DWGCX net assets are $88.80 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- DWGCX 5-year return is 8.24%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 10.37%.
- DWGCX expense ratio is 2.02%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.