7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about DWGCX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for DWGCX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "DWGCX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on DWGCX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "DWGCX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell DWGCX? Or perhaps you’re looking for DWGCX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this DWGCX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: DWGCX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: DWGCX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in DWGCX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to DWGCX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Developing World Growth and Income Fund; Class C Shares (DWGCX).
- What are DWGCX holdings?
- What is DWGCX performance? What are DWGCX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did DWGCX have historically?
- What is DWGCX dividend yield?
- What is DWGCX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is DWGCX expense ratio?
- Does DWGCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is DWGCX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is DWGCX beta? How would you assess DWGCX risk?
- What is DWGCX Sharpe ratio?
- What is DWGCX Finny Score? DWGCX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in DWGCX? What are DWGCX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in DWGCX? What are DWGCX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Developing World Growth and Income Fund; Class C Shares (DWGCX).
The Fund seeks long-term growth of capital while providing current income. The Fund will invest at least 80% of its assets in securities of attractively-valued companies in developing markets with strong earnings that pay dividends. The Adviser expects the countries to be in any of the MSCI emerging markets indices.
2. What are DWGCX top holdings?
DWGCX has 143 stock holdings and 4 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 28.48% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Longfor Group Holdings Ltd||00960||4.36%|
|Tencent Holdings Ltd||00700||3.94%|
|China Overseas Land & Investment Ltd||00688||3.39%|
|Ping An Insurance (Group) Co. of China Ltd Class H||02318||3.07%|
|Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd||2330.TW||3.01%|
|China Resources Land Ltd||01109||2.64%|
|Sberbank of Russia PJSC ADR||SBER||2.42%|
|AIA Group Ltd||01299.HK||1.97%|
|BeiGene Ltd ADR||BGNE||1.87%|
|Galaxy Entertainment Group Ltd||00027.HK||1.81%|
3. What is DWGCX performance? What are DWGCX historical returns?
DWGCX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -1.05%;
- 3-month return is 7.85%;
- 1-year return is 5.04%;
- 3-year return is 0.68%;
- 5-year return is 5.10%.
4. How many up and down years did DWGCX have historically?
In the last 10 years, DWGCX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is DWGCX dividend yield?
DWGCX yield is 1.2%.
6. What is DWGCX minimum initial investment amount?
DWGCX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is DWGCX expense ratio?
DWGCX expense ratio is 2.04%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does DWGCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
DWGCX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. DWGCX front-end sales load is 0. DWGCX back-end sales load is 1.
9. What is DWGCX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.14%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.29%.
10. What is DWGCX beta? How would you assess DWGCX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.07;
- 5-year beta is 1.03.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 5 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
13. What are the pros of investing in DWGCX? What are DWGCX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy DWGCX.
14. What are the cons of investing in DWGCX? What are DWGCX negatives?
The following are DWGCX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>DWGCX net assets</strong> are $101.70 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>DWGCX 3-year return</strong> is 0.68%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 1.85%.
- <strong>DWGCX 5-year return</strong> is 5.1%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 8.49%.
- <strong>DWGCX expense ratio</strong> is 2.04%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.