7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $15/month, without ads. Start a trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about American Funds EBNAX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for EBNAX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "EBNAX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on EBNAX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "EBNAX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell EBNAX? Or perhaps you’re looking for EBNAX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this EBNAX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: EBNAX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: EBNAX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in EBNAX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to EBNAX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Emerging Markets Bond Fund; Class A Shares (EBNAX).
- What are EBNAX holdings?
- What is EBNAX performance? What are EBNAX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did EBNAX have historically?
- What is EBNAX dividend yield?
- What is EBNAX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is EBNAX expense ratio?
- Does EBNAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is EBNAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is EBNAX beta? How would you assess EBNAX risk?
- What is EBNAX Sharpe ratio?
- What is EBNAX Finny Score? EBNAX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in EBNAX? What are EBNAX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in EBNAX? What are EBNAX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Emerging Markets Bond Fund; Class A Shares (EBNAX).
The Fund seeks high level of total return over the long term, of w/c current income is a large component. The Fund will invest at least 80% of its net assets (including any borrowing for investment purposes) in bonds & other debt securities, which may be represented by other investment instruments, including derivatives.
2. What are EBNAX top holdings?
EBNAX has 0 stock holdings and 339 bond holdings.
The top 9 holdings represent 12.03% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Mexico (United Mexican States) 8.5%||N/A||1.95%|
|China Development Bank 3.48%||N/A||1.59%|
|Russian Federation 2.5%||N/A||1.38%|
|China Development Bank 3.39%||N/A||1.29%|
|Russian Federation 8.15%||N/A||1.27%|
|Malaysia (Government Of) 4.89%||N/A||1.20%|
|The Republic of Peru 6.15%||N/A||1.16%|
|Argentina (Republic of) 0.12%||N/A||1.10%|
|China Development Bank 3.43%||N/A||1.09%|
3. What is EBNAX performance? What are EBNAX historical returns?
EBNAX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 3.03%;
- 3-month return is 6.96%;
- 1-year return is 8.00%;
- 3-year return is 5.37%.
4. How many up and down years did EBNAX have historically?
In the last 10 years, EBNAX had 9 up years and 1 down year.
5. What is EBNAX dividend yield?
EBNAX yield is 5.16%.
6. What is EBNAX minimum initial investment amount?
EBNAX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is EBNAX expense ratio?
EBNAX expense ratio is 1%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does EBNAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
EBNAX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. EBNAX front-end sales load is 3.75. EBNAX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is EBNAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 2.24%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 2.46%.
10. What is EBNAX beta? How would you assess EBNAX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.55.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 25. Our quantitative analysis shows 1 reason to buy and 3 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 25.
13. What are the pros of investing in EBNAX? What are EBNAX buy reasons?
The following are EBNAX strengths from our perspective:
- EBNAX 3-year return is 5.37%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (JPM EMBI Global Diversified TR USD), 4.96%.
14. What are the cons of investing in EBNAX? What are EBNAX negatives?
The following are EBNAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- EBNAX net assets are $331.60 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- EBNAX expense ratio is 1%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 3.75%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.