7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $15/month, without ads. Start a trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about American Funds EBNCX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for EBNCX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "EBNCX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on EBNCX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "EBNCX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell EBNCX? Or perhaps you’re looking for EBNCX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this EBNCX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: EBNCX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: EBNCX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in EBNCX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to EBNCX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Emerging Markets Bond Fund; Class C Shares (EBNCX).
- What are EBNCX holdings?
- What is EBNCX performance? What are EBNCX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did EBNCX have historically?
- What is EBNCX dividend yield?
- What is EBNCX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is EBNCX expense ratio?
- Does EBNCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is EBNCX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is EBNCX beta? How would you assess EBNCX risk?
- What is EBNCX Sharpe ratio?
- What is EBNCX Finny Score? EBNCX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in EBNCX? What are EBNCX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in EBNCX? What are EBNCX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Emerging Markets Bond Fund; Class C Shares (EBNCX).
The Fund seeks high level of total return over the long term, of w/c current income is a large component. The Fund will invest at least 80% of its net assets (including any borrowing for investment purposes) in bonds & other debt securities, which may be represented by other investment instruments, including derivatives.
2. What are EBNCX top holdings?
EBNCX has 0 stock holdings and 339 bond holdings.
The top 9 holdings represent 12.03% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Mexico (United Mexican States) 8.5%||N/A||1.95%|
|China Development Bank 3.48%||N/A||1.59%|
|Russian Federation 2.5%||N/A||1.38%|
|China Development Bank 3.39%||N/A||1.29%|
|Russian Federation 8.15%||N/A||1.27%|
|Malaysia (Government Of) 4.89%||N/A||1.20%|
|The Republic of Peru 6.15%||N/A||1.16%|
|Argentina (Republic of) 0.12%||N/A||1.10%|
|China Development Bank 3.43%||N/A||1.09%|
3. What is EBNCX performance? What are EBNCX historical returns?
EBNCX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 2.97%;
- 3-month return is 6.77%;
- 1-year return is 7.24%;
- 3-year return is 4.58%.
4. How many up and down years did EBNCX have historically?
In the last 10 years, EBNCX had 9 up years and 1 down year.
5. What is EBNCX dividend yield?
EBNCX yield is 4.48%.
6. What is EBNCX minimum initial investment amount?
EBNCX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is EBNCX expense ratio?
EBNCX expense ratio is 1.77%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does EBNCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
EBNCX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. EBNCX front-end sales load is 0. EBNCX back-end sales load is 1.
9. What is EBNCX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.98%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 2.16%.
10. What is EBNCX beta? How would you assess EBNCX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.55.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 25. Our quantitative analysis shows 1 reason to buy and 3 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 25.
13. What are the pros of investing in EBNCX? What are EBNCX buy reasons?
The following are EBNCX strengths from our perspective:
- EBNCX 3-year return is 4.58%, which is in line with the 3-year return of the benchmark index (JPM EMBI Global Diversified TR USD), 4.96%.
14. What are the cons of investing in EBNCX? What are EBNCX negatives?
The following are EBNCX weaknesses from our perspective:
- EBNCX net assets are $26.20 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- EBNCX expense ratio is 1.77%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.