7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about EBNEX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for EBNEX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "EBNEX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on EBNEX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "EBNEX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell EBNEX? Or perhaps you’re looking for EBNEX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this EBNEX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: EBNEX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: EBNEX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in EBNEX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to EBNEX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Emerging Markets Bond Fund; Class F-1 Shares (EBNEX).
- What are EBNEX holdings?
- What is EBNEX performance? What are EBNEX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did EBNEX have historically?
- What is EBNEX dividend yield?
- What is EBNEX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is EBNEX expense ratio?
- Does EBNEX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is EBNEX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is EBNEX beta? How would you assess EBNEX risk?
- What is EBNEX Sharpe ratio?
- What is EBNEX Finny Score? EBNEX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in EBNEX? What are EBNEX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in EBNEX? What are EBNEX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Emerging Markets Bond Fund; Class F-1 Shares (EBNEX).
The Fund seeks high level of total return over the long term, of w/c current income is a large component. The Fund will invest at least 80% of its net assets (including any borrowing for investment purposes) in bonds & other debt securities, which may be represented by other investment instruments, including derivatives.
2. What are EBNEX top holdings?
EBNEX has 0 stock holdings and 298 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 15.79% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Russian Federation 7%||N/A||2.19%|
|Mexico (United Mexican States) 8.5%||N/A||1.81%|
|China (People's Republic Of) 3.86%||N/A||1.58%|
|Malaysia (Government Of) 4.89%||N/A||1.56%|
|Republic of South Africa 8.75%||N/A||1.53%|
|Russian Federation 2.5%||N/A||1.50%|
|China Development Bank 3.48%||N/A||1.43%|
|Russian Federation 8.15%||N/A||1.43%|
|Secretaria Tesouro Nacional 10%||N/A||1.39%|
|Secretaria Tesouro Nacional 6%||N/A||1.37%|
3. What is EBNEX performance? What are EBNEX historical returns?
EBNEX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 1.49%;
- 3-month return is 5.37%;
- 1-year return is 6.30%;
- 3-year return is 3.46%.
4. How many up and down years did EBNEX have historically?
In the last 10 years, EBNEX had 9 up years and 1 down year. See Performances
5. What is EBNEX dividend yield?
EBNEX yield is 6.27%.
6. What is EBNEX minimum initial investment amount?
EBNEX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is EBNEX expense ratio?
EBNEX expense ratio is 1.06%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does EBNEX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
EBNEX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. EBNEX front-end sales load is 0. EBNEX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is EBNEX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 2.41%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 2.49%.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
13. What are the pros of investing in EBNEX? What are EBNEX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy EBNEX.
14. What are the cons of investing in EBNEX? What are EBNEX negatives?
The following are EBNEX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>EBNEX net assets</strong> are $13.10 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>EBNEX 3-year return</strong> is 3.46%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (JPM EMBI Global Diversified TR USD), 4.48%.
- <strong>EBNEX expense ratio</strong> is 1.06%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund.