Before we start: if you’re looking for ELBCX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "ELBCX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on ELBCX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "ELBCX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell ELBCX? Or perhaps you’re looking for ELBCX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this ELBCX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: ELBCX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: ELBCX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in ELBCX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to ELBCX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Ashmore Funds: Ashmore Emerging Markets Local Currency Bond Fund; Class C Shares (ELBCX).
- What are ELBCX holdings?
- What is ELBCX performance? What are ELBCX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did ELBCX have historically?
- What is ELBCX dividend yield?
- What is ELBCX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is ELBCX expense ratio?
- Does ELBCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is ELBCX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is ELBCX beta? How would you assess ELBCX risk?
- What is ELBCX Sharpe ratio?
- What is ELBCX Finny Score? ELBCX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in ELBCX? What are ELBCX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in ELBCX? What are ELBCX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Ashmore Funds: Ashmore Emerging Markets Local Currency Bond Fund; Class C Shares (ELBCX).
The Fund seeks to maximize total return. The Fund seeks to achieve its objective by investing principally in debt instruments of sovereign and quasi-sovereign issuers of emerging market countries that are denominated in the local currency of the issuer.
2. What are ELBCX top holdings?
ELBCX has 0 stock holdings and 157 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 31.97% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Recv Irs Pln Rcv 1.955000||N/A||4.62%|
|Payb Irs Pln Rcv 1.955000||N/A||4.61%|
|Brazil (Federative Republic) 10%||N/A||4.39%|
|Recv Irs_ccp Mxn 6.5625%||N/A||3.87%|
|Payb Irs_ccp Mxn 6.5625%||N/A||3.82%|
|Secretaria Tesouro Nacional 10%||N/A||3.17%|
|Secretaria Tesouro Nacional 0%||N/A||1.96%|
|Standard Chartered Bank plc 8.12%||N/A||1.91%|
|Mexico (United Mexican States) 7.75%||N/A||1.83%|
|Republic of Chile 4.5%||N/A||1.79%|
3. What is ELBCX performance? What are ELBCX historical returns?
ELBCX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 0.29%;
- 3-month return is 0.44%;
- 1-year return is -1.60%;
- 3-year return is -1.68%;
- 5-year return is 3.67%.
4. How many up and down years did ELBCX have historically?
In the last 10 years, ELBCX had 5 up years and 5 down years. See Performances
5. What is ELBCX dividend yield?
ELBCX yield is 0.14%.
6. What is ELBCX minimum initial investment amount?
ELBCX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is ELBCX expense ratio?
ELBCX expense ratio is 1.97%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does ELBCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
ELBCX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. ELBCX front-end sales load is 0. ELBCX back-end sales load is 1.
9. What is ELBCX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.46%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.67%.
10. What is ELBCX beta? How would you assess ELBCX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.22;
- 5-year beta is 0.96.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 5 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
13. What are the pros of investing in ELBCX? What are ELBCX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy ELBCX.
14. What are the cons of investing in ELBCX? What are ELBCX negatives?
The following are ELBCX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>ELBCX net assets</strong> are $0.10 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>ELBCX 3-year return</strong> is -1.68%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (JPM GBI-EM Global Diversified TR USD), 0.22%.
- <strong>ELBCX 5-year return</strong> is 3.67%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (JPM GBI-EM Global Diversified TR USD), 5.23%.
- <strong>ELBCX expense ratio</strong> is 1.97%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.