Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
15 important things you should know about ELBIX mutual fund
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for ELBIX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "ELBIX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on ELBIX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "ELBIX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell ELBIX? Or perhaps you’re looking for ELBIX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this ELBIX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: ELBIX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: ELBIX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in ELBIX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to ELBIX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Ashmore Funds: Ashmore Emerging Markets Local Currency Bond Fund; Institutional Class Shares (ELBIX).
- What are ELBIX holdings?
- What is ELBIX performance? What are ELBIX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did ELBIX have historically?
- What is ELBIX dividend yield?
- What is ELBIX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is ELBIX expense ratio?
- Does ELBIX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is ELBIX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is ELBIX beta? How would you assess ELBIX risk?
- What is ELBIX Sharpe ratio?
- What is ELBIX Finny Score? ELBIX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in ELBIX? What are ELBIX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in ELBIX? What are ELBIX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Ashmore Funds: Ashmore Emerging Markets Local Currency Bond Fund; Institutional Class Shares (ELBIX).
The Fund seeks to maximize total return. The Fund seeks to achieve its objective by investing principally in debt instruments of sovereign and quasi-sovereign issuers of emerging market countries that are denominated in the local currency of the issuer.
2. What are ELBIX top holdings?
ELBIX has 0 stock holdings and 157 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 31.97% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Recv Irs Pln Rcv 1.955000||N/A||4.62%|
|Payb Irs Pln Rcv 1.955000||N/A||4.61%|
|Brazil (Federative Republic) 10%||N/A||4.39%|
|Recv Irs_ccp Mxn 6.5625%||N/A||3.87%|
|Payb Irs_ccp Mxn 6.5625%||N/A||3.82%|
|Secretaria Tesouro Nacional 10%||N/A||3.17%|
|Secretaria Tesouro Nacional 0%||N/A||1.96%|
|Standard Chartered Bank plc 8.12%||N/A||1.91%|
|Mexico (United Mexican States) 7.75%||N/A||1.83%|
|Republic of Chile 4.5%||N/A||1.79%|
3. What is ELBIX performance? What are ELBIX historical returns?
ELBIX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 0.41%;
- 3-month return is 0.83%;
- 1-year return is -0.54%;
- 3-year return is -0.69%;
- 5-year return is 4.74%.
4. How many up and down years did ELBIX have historically?
In the last 10 years, ELBIX had 5 up years and 5 down years. See Performances
5. What is ELBIX dividend yield?
ELBIX yield is 0.65%.
6. What is ELBIX minimum initial investment amount?
ELBIX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is ELBIX expense ratio?
ELBIX expense ratio is 0.97%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does ELBIX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
ELBIX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. ELBIX front-end sales load is 0. ELBIX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is ELBIX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.5%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.85%.
10. What is ELBIX beta? How would you assess ELBIX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.21;
- 5-year beta is 0.95.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 40. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 40.
13. What are the pros of investing in ELBIX? What are ELBIX buy reasons?
The following are ELBIX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>ELBIX 5-year return</strong> is 4.74%, which is in line with the 5-year return of the benchmark index (JPM GBI-EM Global Diversified TR USD), 5.23%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in ELBIX? What are ELBIX negatives?
The following are ELBIX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>ELBIX net assets</strong> are $43.10 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>ELBIX 3-year return</strong> is -0.69%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (JPM GBI-EM Global Diversified TR USD), 0.22%.
- <strong>ELBIX expense ratio</strong> is 0.97%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?