Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
15 important things you should know about ESSCX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for ESSCX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "ESSCX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on ESSCX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "ESSCX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell ESSCX? Or perhaps you’re looking for ESSCX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this ESSCX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: ESSCX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: ESSCX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in ESSCX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to ESSCX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Ashmore Funds: Ashmore Emerging Markets Small-Cap Equity Fund; Class C Shares (ESSCX).
- What are ESSCX holdings?
- What is ESSCX performance? What are ESSCX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did ESSCX have historically?
- What is ESSCX dividend yield?
- What is ESSCX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is ESSCX expense ratio?
- Does ESSCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is ESSCX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is ESSCX beta? How would you assess ESSCX risk?
- What is ESSCX Sharpe ratio?
- What is ESSCX Finny Score? ESSCX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in ESSCX? What are ESSCX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in ESSCX? What are ESSCX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Ashmore Funds: Ashmore Emerging Markets Small-Cap Equity Fund; Class C Shares (ESSCX).
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation. The Fund invests principally in equity securities and equity-related investments of small capitalization emerging markets issuers. The Fund may utilize various derivative instruments and related strategies to gain exposure to one or more issuers or other assets.
2. What are ESSCX top holdings?
ESSCX has 45 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 39.73% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|MY E.G.Services Bhd||0138||5.15%|
|Parade Technologies Ltd||4966.TW||4.67%|
|Multi Commodity Exchange of India Ltd||MCX.BO||4.52%|
|HeadHunter Group PLC ADR||HHR||4.33%|
|Hansol Chemical Co Ltd||014680.KS||3.73%|
|Dentium Co Ltd||145720.KS||3.52%|
|Douzone Bizon Co Ltd||012510.KS||3.06%|
|Sinbon Electronics Co Ltd||3023.TW||3.05%|
|Poya International Co Ltd||5904.TW||3.01%|
3. What is ESSCX performance? What are ESSCX historical returns?
ESSCX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 4.10%;
- 3-month return is 22.75%;
- 1-year return is 26.93%;
- 3-year return is 1.80%;
- 5-year return is 9.55%.
4. How many up and down years did ESSCX have historically?
In the last 10 years, ESSCX had 7 up years and 3 down years. See Performances
5. What is ESSCX dividend yield?
ESSCX yield is 0%.
6. What is ESSCX minimum initial investment amount?
ESSCX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is ESSCX expense ratio?
ESSCX expense ratio is 2.52%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does ESSCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
ESSCX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. ESSCX front-end sales load is 0. ESSCX back-end sales load is 1.
9. What is ESSCX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.23%.
10. What is ESSCX beta? How would you assess ESSCX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.30;
- 5-year beta is 1.17.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 40. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 40.
13. What are the pros of investing in ESSCX? What are ESSCX buy reasons?
The following are ESSCX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>ESSCX 3-year return</strong> is 1.8%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM Small NR USD), -0.83%.
- <strong>ESSCX 5-year return</strong> is 9.55%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM Small NR USD), 5.8%.
14. What are the cons of investing in ESSCX? What are ESSCX negatives?
The following are ESSCX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>ESSCX net assets</strong> are $0.20 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>ESSCX expense ratio</strong> is 2.52%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.