7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about American Independence FCIHX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for FCIHX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "FCIHX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on FCIHX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "FCIHX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell FCIHX? Or perhaps you’re looking for FCIHX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this FCIHX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: FCIHX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: FCIHX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in FCIHX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to FCIHX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Independence Funds Trust: American Independence US Inflation-Protected Fund; Class C Shares (FCIHX).
- What are FCIHX holdings?
- What is FCIHX performance? What are FCIHX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did FCIHX have historically?
- What is FCIHX dividend yield?
- What is FCIHX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is FCIHX expense ratio?
- Does FCIHX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is FCIHX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is FCIHX beta? How would you assess FCIHX risk?
- What is FCIHX Sharpe ratio?
- What is FCIHX Finny Score? FCIHX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in FCIHX? What are FCIHX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in FCIHX? What are FCIHX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Independence Funds Trust: American Independence US Inflation-Protected Fund; Class C Shares (FCIHX).
The Fund seeks a high level of total return in excess of inflation as may be consistent with the preservation of capital. The Fund invests in dollar-denominated bonds that have a coupon rate and/or principal amount linked to the inflation rate and derivative instruments whose returns are linked to the inflation rate.
2. What are FCIHX top holdings?
FCIHX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 1 holding represent 3.07% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|US Treasury TIP 1.75%||N/A||3.07%|
3. What is FCIHX performance? What are FCIHX historical returns?
FCIHX has generated the following returns:
4. How many up and down years did FCIHX have historically?
In the last 10 years, FCIHX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is FCIHX dividend yield?
FCIHX yield is 1.93%.
6. What is FCIHX minimum initial investment amount?
FCIHX minimum initial investment amount is $5.00K.
7. What is FCIHX expense ratio?
FCIHX expense ratio is 1.32%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does FCIHX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
FCIHX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. FCIHX front-end sales load is 0. FCIHX back-end sales load is 1.
9. What is FCIHX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is %;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is %.
10. What is FCIHX beta? How would you assess FCIHX risk?
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is N/A. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell. Finny Scores are not available if there are insufficient data points from the analysis.
13. What are the pros of investing in FCIHX? What are FCIHX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy FCIHX.
14. What are the cons of investing in FCIHX? What are FCIHX negatives?
The following are FCIHX weaknesses from our perspective:
- FCIHX net assets are $11.60 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- FCIHX expense ratio is 1.32%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.