Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
15 important things you should know about American Funds GAIOX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for GAIOX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "GAIOX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on GAIOX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "GAIOX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell GAIOX? Or perhaps you’re looking for GAIOX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this GAIOX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: GAIOX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: GAIOX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in GAIOX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to GAIOX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Portfolio Series: American Funds Growth & Income Portfolio; Class A Shares (GAIOX).
- What are GAIOX holdings?
- What is GAIOX performance? What are GAIOX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did GAIOX have historically?
- What is GAIOX dividend yield?
- What is GAIOX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is GAIOX expense ratio?
- Does GAIOX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is GAIOX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is GAIOX beta? How would you assess GAIOX risk?
- What is GAIOX Sharpe ratio?
- What is GAIOX Finny Score? GAIOX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in GAIOX? What are GAIOX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in GAIOX? What are GAIOX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Portfolio Series: American Funds Growth & Income Portfolio; Class A Shares (GAIOX).
The Fund seeks to provide long term growth of capital while providing current income. The Fund invests in a mix of American Funds in different combinations and weightings. The underlying American Funds will predominately consist of equity funds in the growth, growth and income, equity income and balanced categories.
2. What are GAIOX top holdings?
GAIOX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 7 holdings represent 100.03% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|American Funds Invmt Co of Amer R6||RICGX||25.21%|
|American Funds Capital World Gr&Inc R6||RWIGX||25.09%|
|American Funds American Balanced R6||RLBGX||14.74%|
|American Funds Growth Fund of Amer R6||RGAGX||10.34%|
|American Funds Bond Fund of Amer R6||RBFGX||9.77%|
|American Funds Capital Income Bldr R6||RIRGX||9.67%|
|American Funds SMALLCAP World R6||RLLGX||5.21%|
3. What is GAIOX performance? What are GAIOX historical returns?
GAIOX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 3.69%;
- 3-month return is 11.81%;
- 1-year return is 11.81%;
- 3-year return is 9.20%;
- 5-year return is 13.36%.
4. How many up and down years did GAIOX have historically?
In the last 10 years, GAIOX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is GAIOX dividend yield?
GAIOX yield is 1.59%.
6. What is GAIOX minimum initial investment amount?
GAIOX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is GAIOX expense ratio?
GAIOX expense ratio is 0.34%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does GAIOX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
GAIOX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.26. GAIOX front-end sales load is 5.75. GAIOX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is GAIOX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.28%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.31%.
10. What is GAIOX beta? How would you assess GAIOX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.23;
- 5-year beta is 1.22.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is N/A. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell. Finny Scores are not available if there are insufficient data points from the analysis.
13. What are the pros of investing in GAIOX? What are GAIOX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy GAIOX.
14. What are the cons of investing in GAIOX? What are GAIOX negatives?
The following are GAIOX weaknesses from our perspective:
- GAIOX 3-year return is 9.2%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 12.84%.
- GAIOX 5-year return is 13.36%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 17.35%.
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.26%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.75%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.