7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $15/month, without ads. Start a trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about American Funds GAITX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for GAITX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "GAITX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on GAITX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "GAITX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell GAITX? Or perhaps you’re looking for GAITX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this GAITX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: GAITX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: GAITX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in GAITX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to GAITX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Portfolio Series: American Funds Growth & Income Portfolio; Class C Shares (GAITX).
- What are GAITX holdings?
- What is GAITX performance? What are GAITX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did GAITX have historically?
- What is GAITX dividend yield?
- What is GAITX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is GAITX expense ratio?
- Does GAITX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is GAITX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is GAITX beta? How would you assess GAITX risk?
- What is GAITX Sharpe ratio?
- What is GAITX Finny Score? GAITX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in GAITX? What are GAITX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in GAITX? What are GAITX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Portfolio Series: American Funds Growth & Income Portfolio; Class C Shares (GAITX).
The Fund seeks to provide long term growth of capital while providing current income. The Fund invests in a mix of American Funds in different combinations and weightings. The underlying American Funds will predominately consist of equity funds in the growth, growth and income, equity income and balanced categories.
2. What are GAITX top holdings?
GAITX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 7 holdings represent 100.03% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|American Funds Invmt Co of Amer R6||RICGX||25.21%|
|American Funds Capital World Gr&Inc R6||RWIGX||25.09%|
|American Funds American Balanced R6||RLBGX||14.74%|
|American Funds Growth Fund of Amer R6||RGAGX||10.34%|
|American Funds Bond Fund of Amer R6||RBFGX||9.77%|
|American Funds Capital Income Bldr R6||RIRGX||9.67%|
|American Funds SMALLCAP World R6||RLLGX||5.21%|
3. What is GAITX performance? What are GAITX historical returns?
GAITX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 3.63%;
- 3-month return is 11.12%;
- 1-year return is 14.12%;
- 3-year return is 8.80%;
- 5-year return is 10.46%.
4. How many up and down years did GAITX have historically?
In the last 10 years, GAITX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is GAITX dividend yield?
GAITX yield is 1.03%.
6. What is GAITX minimum initial investment amount?
GAITX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is GAITX expense ratio?
GAITX expense ratio is 1.09%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does GAITX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
GAITX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. GAITX front-end sales load is 0. GAITX back-end sales load is 1.
9. What is GAITX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.2%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.03%.
10. What is GAITX beta? How would you assess GAITX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.23;
- 5-year beta is 1.22.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
13. What are the pros of investing in GAITX? What are GAITX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy GAITX.
14. What are the cons of investing in GAITX? What are GAITX negatives?
The following are GAITX weaknesses from our perspective:
- GAITX 3-year return is 8.8%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 13.4%.
- GAITX 5-year return is 10.46%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 15.1%.
- GAITX expense ratio is 1.09%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.