7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about Aberdeen GASAX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for GASAX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "GASAX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on GASAX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "GASAX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell GASAX? Or perhaps you’re looking for GASAX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this GASAX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: GASAX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: GASAX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in GASAX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to GASAX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Aberdeen Funds: Aberdeen Diversified Alternatives Fund; Class A Shares (GASAX).
- What are GASAX holdings?
- What is GASAX performance? What are GASAX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did GASAX have historically?
- What is GASAX dividend yield?
- What is GASAX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is GASAX expense ratio?
- Does GASAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is GASAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is GASAX beta? How would you assess GASAX risk?
- What is GASAX Sharpe ratio?
- What is GASAX Finny Score? GASAX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in GASAX? What are GASAX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in GASAX? What are GASAX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Aberdeen Funds: Aberdeen Diversified Alternatives Fund; Class A Shares (GASAX).
The Fund seeks to maximize total investment return by seeking growth of capital. The Specialty Fund's allocation is heavily weighted toward investment in Specialty Assets.
2. What are GASAX top holdings?
GASAX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 83.45% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Eaton Vance Floating Rate I||EIBLX||17.97%|
|Water Island Diversified Event-Driven I||AEDNX||14.43%|
|BlackRock Global Long/Short Equity Instl||BDMIX||12.61%|
|Gotham Neutral Institutional||GONIX||12.07%|
|Nuveen Preferred Secs & Inc I||NPSRX||7.05%|
|Otter Creek Long/Short Opportunity Instl||OTTRX||5.09%|
|AQR Managed Futures Strategy I||AQMIX||5.01%|
|iShares TIPS Bond ETF||TIP||4.90%|
|iShares Edge MSCI Min Vol USA ETF||USMV||2.51%|
|iShares Edge MSCI USA Quality Factor ETF||QUAL||1.81%|
3. What is GASAX performance? What are GASAX historical returns?
GASAX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 0.77%;
- 3-month return is 6.16%;
- 1-year return is -1.77%;
- 3-year return is 0.61%;
- 5-year return is 0.12%;
- 10-year return is 3.98%.
4. How many up and down years did GASAX have historically?
In the last 10 years, GASAX had 10 up years and 0 down years.
5. What is GASAX dividend yield?
GASAX yield is 1.89%.
6. What is GASAX minimum initial investment amount?
GASAX minimum initial investment amount is $3.00K.
7. What is GASAX expense ratio?
GASAX expense ratio is 2.01%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does GASAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
GASAX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. GASAX front-end sales load is 5.75. GASAX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is GASAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is %;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is %.
10. What is GASAX beta? How would you assess GASAX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.54;
- 5-year beta is 0.52;
- 10-year beta is 0.85.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is N/A. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell. Finny Scores are not available if there are insufficient data points from the analysis.
13. What are the pros of investing in GASAX? What are GASAX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy GASAX.
14. What are the cons of investing in GASAX? What are GASAX negatives?
The following are GASAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>GASAX net assets</strong> are $7.50 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>GASAX expense ratio</strong> is 2.01%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.75%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.