Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
15 important things you should know about American Funds GBLAX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for GBLAX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "GBLAX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on GBLAX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "GBLAX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell GBLAX? Or perhaps you’re looking for GBLAX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this GBLAX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: GBLAX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: GBLAX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in GBLAX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to GBLAX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Global Balanced Fund; Class A Shares (GBLAX).
- What are GBLAX holdings?
- What is GBLAX performance? What are GBLAX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did GBLAX have historically?
- What is GBLAX dividend yield?
- What is GBLAX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is GBLAX expense ratio?
- Does GBLAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is GBLAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is GBLAX beta? How would you assess GBLAX risk?
- What is GBLAX Sharpe ratio?
- What is GBLAX Finny Score? GBLAX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in GBLAX? What are GBLAX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in GBLAX? What are GBLAX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Global Balanced Fund; Class A Shares (GBLAX).
The Fund seeks the balanced accomplishment of three objectives: long-term growth of capital, conservation of principal and current income. It will maintain at least 45% of its assets in common stocks and other equity investments and will also invest at least 25% of its assets in bonds and other debt securities.
2. What are GBLAX top holdings?
GBLAX has 126 stock holdings and 676 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 17.23% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Gilead Sciences Inc||GILD||1.46%|
|Facebook Inc A||FB||1.42%|
|Alibaba Group Holding Ltd Ordinary Shares||09988||1.39%|
|Daiichi Sankyo Co Ltd||4568||1.28%|
3. What is GBLAX performance? What are GBLAX historical returns?
GBLAX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 2.98%;
- 3-month return is 10.06%;
- 1-year return is 10.06%;
- 3-year return is 5.85%;
- 5-year return is 9.54%.
4. How many up and down years did GBLAX have historically?
In the last 10 years, GBLAX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is GBLAX dividend yield?
GBLAX yield is 1.24%.
6. What is GBLAX minimum initial investment amount?
GBLAX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is GBLAX expense ratio?
GBLAX expense ratio is 0.83%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does GBLAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
GBLAX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.26. GBLAX front-end sales load is 5.75. GBLAX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is GBLAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.57%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.56%.
10. What is GBLAX beta? How would you assess GBLAX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.96;
- 5-year beta is 0.97.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
13. What are the pros of investing in GBLAX? What are GBLAX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy GBLAX.
14. What are the cons of investing in GBLAX? What are GBLAX negatives?
The following are GBLAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- GBLAX 3-year return is 5.85%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Morningstar Moderate Target Risk TR USD), 8.06%.
- GBLAX 5-year return is 9.54%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Morningstar Moderate Target Risk TR USD), 11.13%.
- GBLAX expense ratio is 0.83%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.26%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.75%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.