Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
14 important things you should know about American Funds GBLCX mutual fund
Before we start: if you’re looking for GBLCX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "GBLCX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on GBLCX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "GBLCX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell GBLCX? Or perhaps you’re looking for GBLCX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this GBLCX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: GBLCX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: GBLCX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in GBLCX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to GBLCX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Global Balanced Fund; Class C Shares (GBLCX).
- What are GBLCX holdings?
- What is GBLCX performance? What are GBLCX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did GBLCX have historically?
- What is GBLCX dividend yield?
- What is GBLCX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is GBLCX expense ratio?
- Does GBLCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is GBLCX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is GBLCX beta? How would you assess GBLCX risk?
- What is GBLCX Sharpe ratio?
- What is GBLCX Finny Score? GBLCX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in GBLCX? What are GBLCX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in GBLCX? What are GBLCX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Global Balanced Fund; Class C Shares (GBLCX).
The Fund seeks the balanced accomplishment of three objectives: long-term growth of capital, conservation of principal and current income. It will maintain at least 45% of its assets in common stocks and other equity investments and will also invest at least 25% of its assets in bonds and other debt securities.
2. What are GBLCX top holdings?
GBLCX has 160 stock holdings and 544 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 15.60% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Zurich Insurance Group AG||ZURN||1.40%|
|UnitedHealth Group Inc||UNH||1.39%|
|Gilead Sciences Inc||GILD||1.38%|
|Facebook Inc A||FB||1.30%|
3. What is GBLCX performance? What are GBLCX historical returns?
GBLCX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 2.52%;
- 3-month return is -9.35%;
- 1-year return is -1.13%;
- 3-year return is 2.10%;
- 5-year return is 2.07%.
4. How many up and down years did GBLCX have historically?
In the last 10 years, GBLCX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is GBLCX dividend yield?
GBLCX yield is 1.14%.
6. What is GBLCX minimum initial investment amount?
GBLCX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is GBLCX expense ratio?
GBLCX expense ratio is 1.58%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does GBLCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
GBLCX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. GBLCX front-end sales load is 0. GBLCX back-end sales load is 1.
9. What is GBLCX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.44%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.5%.
10. What is GBLCX beta? How would you assess GBLCX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.96;
- 5-year beta is 0.99.
12. What is GBLCX Finny Score? GBLCX buy or sell?
GBLCX Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy GBLCX and 5 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
13. What are the pros of investing in GBLCX? What are GBLCX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy GBLCX.
14. What are the cons of investing in GBLCX? What are GBLCX negatives?
The following are GBLCX weaknesses from our perspective:
- GBLCX net assets are $591.80 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- GBLCX 3-year return is 2.1%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 4.21%.
- GBLCX 5-year return is 2.07%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 4.32%.
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.
- GBLCX expense ratio is 1.58%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?