7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about Allianz Global Investors GBMAX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for GBMAX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "GBMAX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on GBMAX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "GBMAX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell GBMAX? Or perhaps you’re looking for GBMAX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this GBMAX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: GBMAX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: GBMAX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in GBMAX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to GBMAX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Allianz Funds Multi-Strategy Trust: AllianzGI Retirement 2045 Fund; Administrative Class Shares (GBMAX).
- What are GBMAX holdings?
- What is GBMAX performance? What are GBMAX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did GBMAX have historically?
- What is GBMAX dividend yield?
- What is GBMAX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is GBMAX expense ratio?
- Does GBMAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is GBMAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is GBMAX beta? How would you assess GBMAX risk?
- What is GBMAX Sharpe ratio?
- What is GBMAX Finny Score? GBMAX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in GBMAX? What are GBMAX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in GBMAX? What are GBMAX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Allianz Funds Multi-Strategy Trust: AllianzGI Retirement 2045 Fund; Administrative Class Shares (GBMAX).
The Fund seeks capital growth and preservation consistent with its asset allocation as 2045 approaches, and thereafter current income and, secondarily, capital appreciation. The Fund invests without limit in US and global equities, commodities, real estate, high yield securities, corporate and emerging market bonds.
2. What are GBMAX top holdings?
GBMAX has 0 stock holdings and 1 bond holdings.
The top 9 holdings represent 76.56% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|AllianzGI Global Dynamic Allocation R6||ADYFX||22.25%|
|AllianzGI Best Styles US Equity R6||ALSEX||12.19%|
|AllianzGI Best Styles Glbl Mgd Vol||LLLLX||11.03%|
|AllianzGI Best Styles Global Eq R6||AGERX||9.50%|
|E-mini S&P 500 Futures June20||ESM0||8.38%|
|AllianzGI Mid-Cap Institutional||DRMCX||4.01%|
|AllianzGI Focused Growth R6||AFGFX||3.90%|
|Allianzgi Instl Multi-Ser Tr||N/A||2.71%|
|AllianzGI Small-Cap R6||ASCFX||2.59%|
3. What is GBMAX performance? What are GBMAX historical returns?
GBMAX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 2.71%;
- 3-month return is 20.65%;
- 1-year return is 4.35%;
- 3-year return is 5.19%;
- 5-year return is 6.07%.
4. How many up and down years did GBMAX have historically?
In the last 10 years, GBMAX had 10 up years and 0 down years.
5. What is GBMAX dividend yield?
GBMAX yield is 2.56%.
6. What is GBMAX minimum initial investment amount?
GBMAX minimum initial investment amount is $5.00K.
7. What is GBMAX expense ratio?
GBMAX expense ratio is 0.9%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does GBMAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
GBMAX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. GBMAX front-end sales load is 0. GBMAX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is GBMAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 3.05%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 2.52%.
10. What is GBMAX beta? How would you assess GBMAX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.53;
- 5-year beta is 1.50.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is N/A. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell. Finny Scores are not available if there are insufficient data points from the analysis.
13. What are the pros of investing in GBMAX? What are GBMAX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy GBMAX.
14. What are the cons of investing in GBMAX? What are GBMAX negatives?
The following are GBMAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>GBMAX net assets</strong> are $0.40 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>GBMAX expense ratio</strong> is 0.9%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund.