Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
14 important things you should know about American Beacon GBSPX mutual fund
Before we start: if you’re looking for GBSPX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "GBSPX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on GBSPX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "GBSPX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell GBSPX? Or perhaps you’re looking for GBSPX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this GBSPX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: GBSPX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: GBSPX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in GBSPX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to GBSPX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon Bahl & Gaynor Small Cap Growth Fund; Investor Class Shares (GBSPX).
- What are GBSPX holdings?
- What is GBSPX performance? What are GBSPX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did GBSPX have historically?
- What is GBSPX dividend yield?
- What is GBSPX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is GBSPX expense ratio?
- Does GBSPX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is GBSPX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is GBSPX beta? How would you assess GBSPX risk?
- What is GBSPX Sharpe ratio?
- What is GBSPX Finny Score? GBSPX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in GBSPX? What are GBSPX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in GBSPX? What are GBSPX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon Bahl & Gaynor Small Cap Growth Fund; Investor Class Shares (GBSPX).
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation. The Fund invests at least 80% of the its net assets in securities of small capitalization companies. The Fund considers a company to be a small capitalization company if it has a market capitalization within the range of the companies in the Russell 2000 Index.
2. What are GBSPX top holdings?
GBSPX has 69 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 26.13% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Kinsale Capital Group Inc||KNSL||3.59%|
|J&J Snack Foods Corp||JJSF||2.51%|
|CSG Systems International Inc||CSGS||2.46%|
|BWX Technologies Inc||BWXT||2.39%|
|Inter Parfums Inc||IPAR||2.30%|
|Federal Signal Corp||FSS||2.28%|
|MSA Safety Inc||MSA||2.27%|
3. What is GBSPX performance? What are GBSPX historical returns?
GBSPX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 2.60%;
- 3-month return is -17.98%;
- 1-year return is -10.64%;
- 3-year return is 0.38%;
- 5-year return is 4.60%.
4. How many up and down years did GBSPX have historically?
In the last 10 years, GBSPX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is GBSPX dividend yield?
GBSPX yield is 0.36%.
6. What is GBSPX minimum initial investment amount?
GBSPX minimum initial investment amount is $3.00K.
7. What is GBSPX expense ratio?
GBSPX expense ratio is 1.36%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does GBSPX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
GBSPX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. GBSPX front-end sales load is 0. GBSPX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is GBSPX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.15%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.97%.
10. What is GBSPX beta? How would you assess GBSPX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.14;
- 5-year beta is 1.10.
12. What is GBSPX Finny Score? GBSPX buy or sell?
GBSPX Finny Score is 17. Our quantitative analysis shows 1 reason to buy GBSPX and 5 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 17.
13. What are the pros of investing in GBSPX? What are GBSPX buy reasons?
The following are GBSPX strengths from our perspective:
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in GBSPX? What are GBSPX negatives?
The following are GBSPX weaknesses from our perspective:
- GBSPX net assets are $3.20 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- GBSPX 3-year return is 0.38%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 2000 Growth TR USD), 5.68%.
- GBSPX 5-year return is 4.6%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 2000 Growth TR USD), 5.63%.
- GBSPX expense ratio is 1.36%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- GBSPX 3-year Beta is 1.14, which is higher than the index (S&P 500 TR USD) 3-year beta, 1.00. The fund is perceived to be riskier than the comparable index based on the previous 3 years.