Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
14 important things you should know about American Beacon GBSYX mutual fund
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for GBSYX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "GBSYX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on GBSYX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "GBSYX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell GBSYX? Or perhaps you’re looking for GBSYX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this GBSYX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: GBSYX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: GBSYX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in GBSYX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to GBSYX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon Bahl & Gaynor Small Cap Growth Fund; Class Y Shares (GBSYX).
- What are GBSYX holdings?
- What is GBSYX performance? What are GBSYX historical returns?
- What is GBSYX dividend yield?
- What is GBSYX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is GBSYX expense ratio?
- Does GBSYX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is GBSYX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is GBSYX beta? How would you assess GBSYX risk?
- What is GBSYX Sharpe ratio?
- What is GBSYX Finny Score? GBSYX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in GBSYX? What are GBSYX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in GBSYX? What are GBSYX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon Bahl & Gaynor Small Cap Growth Fund; Class Y Shares (GBSYX).
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation. The Fund invests at least 80% of the its net assets in securities of small capitalization companies. The Fund considers a company to be a small capitalization company if it has a market capitalization within the range of the companies in the Russell 2000 Index.
2. What are GBSYX top holdings?
GBSYX has 70 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 29.54% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Tetra Tech Inc||TTEK||3.91%|
|Simulations Plus Inc||SLP||3.63%|
|Progress Software Corp||PRGS||3.41%|
|Kinsale Capital Group Inc||KNSL||2.65%|
|US Physical Therapy Inc||USPH||2.61%|
|LeMaitre Vascular Inc||LMAT||2.57%|
|Quanta Services Inc||PWR||2.51%|
3. What is GBSYX performance? What are GBSYX historical returns?
GBSYX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -0.50%;
- 3-month return is -0.62%;
- 1-year return is -0.62%;
- 3-year return is 8.43%;
- 5-year return is 12.87%.
4. What is GBSYX dividend yield?
GBSYX yield is 0.45%.
5. What is GBSYX minimum initial investment amount?
GBSYX minimum initial investment amount is $100.00K.
6. What is GBSYX expense ratio?
GBSYX expense ratio is 1.08%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
7. Does GBSYX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
GBSYX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. GBSYX front-end sales load is 0. GBSYX back-end sales load is 0.
8. What is GBSYX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.2%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.67%.
9. What is GBSYX beta? How would you assess GBSYX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.03;
- 5-year beta is 1.06.
11. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 20. Our quantitative analysis shows 1 reason to buy and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 20.
12. What are the pros of investing in GBSYX? What are GBSYX buy reasons?
The following are GBSYX strengths from our perspective:
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
13. What are the cons of investing in GBSYX? What are GBSYX negatives?
The following are GBSYX weaknesses from our perspective:
- GBSYX net assets are $21.30 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- GBSYX 3-year return is 8.43%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 2000 Growth TR USD), 15.5%.
- GBSYX 5-year return is 12.87%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 2000 Growth TR USD), 18.6%.
- GBSYX expense ratio is 1.08%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?