Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
14 important things you should know about Aberdeen GEGAX mutual fund
Before we start: if you’re looking for GEGAX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "GEGAX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on GEGAX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "GEGAX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell GEGAX? Or perhaps you’re looking for GEGAX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this GEGAX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: GEGAX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: GEGAX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in GEGAX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to GEGAX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Aberdeen Funds: Aberdeen Emerging Markets Fund; Class A Shares (GEGAX).
- What are GEGAX holdings?
- What is GEGAX performance? What are GEGAX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did GEGAX have historically?
- What is GEGAX dividend yield?
- What is GEGAX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is GEGAX expense ratio?
- Does GEGAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is GEGAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is GEGAX beta? How would you assess GEGAX risk?
- What is GEGAX Sharpe ratio?
- What is GEGAX Finny Score? GEGAX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in GEGAX? What are GEGAX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in GEGAX? What are GEGAX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Aberdeen Funds: Aberdeen Emerging Markets Fund; Class A Shares (GEGAX).
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation by investing primarily in stocks of emerging markets country issuers. Under normal conditions, the Fund will invest primarily in common stocks, but may also invest in other types of equity securities, including preferred stocks, convertible securities and depositary receipts.
2. What are GEGAX top holdings?
GEGAX has 60 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 42.72% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Tencent Holdings Ltd||00700||8.36%|
|Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd||2330.TW||7.65%|
|Samsung Electronics Co Ltd Participating Preferred||005935.KS||7.24%|
|Ping An Insurance (Group) Co. of China Ltd Class H||02318||4.17%|
|Housing Development Finance Corp Ltd||HDFC.BO||3.41%|
|AIA Group Ltd||01299.HK||2.62%|
|China Resources Land Ltd||01109||2.61%|
|Naspers Ltd Class N||NPN.JO||2.30%|
|Vale SA ADR||VALE.SA||2.23%|
|Kweichow Moutai Co Ltd||600519||2.13%|
3. What is GEGAX performance? What are GEGAX historical returns?
GEGAX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 4.96%;
- 3-month return is -18.65%;
- 1-year return is -12.24%;
- 3-year return is -2.96%;
- 5-year return is -0.84%;
- 10-year return is 2.33%.
4. How many up and down years did GEGAX have historically?
In the last 10 years, GEGAX had 5 up years and 5 down years.
5. What is GEGAX dividend yield?
GEGAX yield is 1.37%.
6. What is GEGAX minimum initial investment amount?
GEGAX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is GEGAX expense ratio?
GEGAX expense ratio is 1.59%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does GEGAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
GEGAX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. GEGAX front-end sales load is 5.75. GEGAX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is GEGAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.57%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.48%.
10. What is GEGAX beta? How would you assess GEGAX risk?
12. What is GEGAX Finny Score? GEGAX buy or sell?
GEGAX Finny Score is 17. Our quantitative analysis shows 1 reason to buy GEGAX and 5 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 17.
13. What are the pros of investing in GEGAX? What are GEGAX buy reasons?
The following are GEGAX strengths from our perspective:
- GEGAX 10-year return is 2.33%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 1.96%.
14. What are the cons of investing in GEGAX? What are GEGAX negatives?
The following are GEGAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- GEGAX net assets are $139.20 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- GEGAX 3-year return is -2.96%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), -0.52%.
- GEGAX 5-year return is -0.84%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), -0.07%.
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.75%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.
- GEGAX expense ratio is 1.59%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?